MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Programming mt28f400b flash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gjkeph

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  06:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to work with a micron tech mt28f400b. Device. It is not a supported device so I am trying to create a device for it. I have had some luck using a 16 bit adapter. My problem is both the data screen and programming is not 16 bit behaved. The data looks like normal 8 bit bytes. The problem is programming is writing the same byte vale from even byte to both even and odd bytes. This device is similar to an intel i28f400 device except the micron wants to put the high byte on the upper data lines and the low byte on the low data lines. The intel device uses internal registers to buffer the data as a word vs the micron single 16 bit cycle. The 16 bit tsop 48 adapter gives me close to the correct device code, erases and performs an incorrect byte/word programmed memory. If I use an 8 bit adapter, I cannot find a device that comes even close to getting the correct device ID. I suspect I need a class code different from what I am using. Is there a document about class codes? I am guessing that is what controls the programming algorithm and software behavior. This is the whole reason I bought the programmer but didn't realize the same but different nature of the supported devices vs this one
Thanks in advance
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000