MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 GQ-4X problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NaughtyZeut

1 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  10:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using the GQ-4X programmer with ADP-054 adapter to write 27C160 and 27C4096 devices.

I have yet to successfully write a single one of these device types. Both fail at nearly the same address. The 27C160 fails at 0x040002 and the 27C4096 at 0x040001. This leads me to believe there could be an issue with the connection to address pin A18 on the device. Read backs of known good chips works fine though.

I have tried this with multiple different 27C160 and 27C4096 EPROMs. I have a hard time believing that 10 different EPROMs would be bad at the same address.

I have attempted to contact customer support via the support@mcumall.com and support@gqelectronicsllc.com email addresses with no success.

Any assistance is appreciated. I purchased this programmer primarily for these devices, so if it isn't going to work, I'd like to return it or resell it to someone that can use it for other devices. Thanks in advance.
Reply #1

BDMaster

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  00:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friend,
I am user like You and I am doing many attempts to read and write Eeprom !
I used for 27 and 25 directly on Programmer and It works fine You need erase completly Chips before
write again them as if they have some residual into You will get problem.
My issue is to use Programmer to write Eeprom on-Board as I soldered wires cable on Chip pin to pin
and like Pomona Soic Clip connected It to Programmer !
I have tried many setting and I found that It can works using different speed to read - erase and write !
I have JTAG/SPI adapter too I bought for this, but none can help me to use It !
So I suggest to try different speed settings on programmer and if You got errors yet try to reinstall Driver.
Regards
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  18:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
either programmer or adapter has A19 address line problem. Check this. If you can not find the problem, then you may need to send the programmer and adapter back to MCUmal for the warranty.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000