1992 BMW 320i (E30) auto - ECU
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susan12

Vietnam
2 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  18:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I've got an intermittent idle problem. Car starts fine, but after it's warmed up, it starts to rev too high in idle. This can sometimes be controlled by pumping brake hard (brings it down to normal level) though not always. Sometimes revs up to 2500 without touching the accelerator - other times it may stall. Some days it runs fine. Had the idle valve control cleaned, which seemed to help for a while, then replaced. But replacement valve hasn't solved problem. Took to BMW approved garage. They say that engine control unit is fried due to water getting in (design flaw of these earlier models - it has been raining a lot!) and will cost over £1000 to replace - but they can't guarantee this will fix the problem.

Questions:
1. Does ECU sound like it's the problem here?
2. Is that a reasonable quote for replacing ECU?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Susan.
Reply #1

susan12

Vietnam
2 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  02:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any suggestion? I am looking for your help :(
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  12:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This soft-problem can be caused my many factors.
What I can see the ECU may not be the only thing to cause this problem. One thing you may to try is keep the ECU in cool, if the problem goes away, then the problem may related to ECU.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

luxuryautorepair

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  16:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by susan12

Hi, I've got an intermittent idle problem. Car starts fine, but after it's warmed up, it starts to rev too high in idle. This can sometimes be controlled by pumping brake hard (brings it down to normal level) though not always. Sometimes revs up to 2500 without touching the accelerator - other times it may stall. Some days it runs fine. Had the idle valve control cleaned, which seemed to help for a while, then replaced. But replacement valve hasn't solved problem. Took to BMW approved garage. They say that engine control unit is fried due to water getting in (design flaw of these earlier models - it has been raining a lot!) and will cost over £1000 to replace - but they can't guarantee this will fix the problem.

Questions:
1. Does ECU sound like it's the problem here?
2. Is that a reasonable quote for replacing ECU?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Susan.

-Mr. Susan my is benz tan nguyen i am BMW certified tech now is there any code u can read per ICOM/ C or old type design GT-1 with 32 pin head so can read the stored code in DME???????? because posting without failure the codes is not right to guese is bad DME

-Ofcourse water will get in and detroy DME, my question is when u open the DME does DME have look like Corrosion Stain, or Green corrosion indicator, or rusted perhalf if not then u must know how trouble shooting item problems die and stall
benz
master tech
Real BMW ISIS server system
2.32.2, 2.47.3

benztannguyen
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

eman

1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  01:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice post i like this forum

eman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000