MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Cypress CY27C128 reading 00's not FF's when blank
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zeusthedog

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  20:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

I have an issue blank verifying and therefore writing to a Cypress EPROM CY27C128.

After UV erasure, the EPROM reads as all 00's, not all FF's.

I have read that this is a "normal" function of the Cypress chip, something to do with a high speed feature built into the chip design, that means when blank the chip reads as all 00's.

My question is; How do I get the GQ-4X software to verify the chip as blank when it reads all 00's and allow me to then perform a subsequent write? Or is this not possible with this programmer/software, thus it is not compatible with the CY27C128 chip series (or probably any Cypress EPROM).

I have successfully written an M27C256B (ST brand) with the programmer, so I know the programmer is OK.

As an aside, I had to rewrite the Device parameters for the M27C256B to get it to write successfully, as the default device parameters had the incorrect speed setting and write Vpp voltage.

If anyone needs the correct parameters for this chip or needs to know how to adjust them in the software, just ask and I'd be happy to help.

Thanks guys!
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  20:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not think the blank chicp can read as 00. The chip must have problems.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000