MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 USB cord error?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ehwestra

2 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2015 :  18:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys! Just picked up a GQ-4X, and installed all the drivers and such appropriately on our Win 8.1 machine before even plugging in the programmer. Disabled what needed to be disabled and then plugged it in!

But the programmer doesn't show up. It's not even an option as a device. lights are on and everything, and we even plugged in a 9V adapter thinking that it might need more power? No dice. Obviously, the program on the computer is running strictly in demo mode despite our best efforts.

Googling only found one offhand comment mentioning USB errors from the cord itself, so I'm honestly not sure if it's a real common issue or if I'm missing something. Any thoughts? Also, I just bought it from the official Amazon page, so are those the people I need to contact in order to get a new cord?

Thanks a bunch!
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2015 :  13:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is related the USB driver. There are slim chances on USB cable. But that is easy to confirm, just plug to any other computer USB port and see if any USB connection sound of Windows.

From Windows device manager, check the USB driver again and see if it loaded correctly.
See Reply #6 from following:

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2030
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ehwestra

2 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2015 :  11:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This laptop has 4 USB ports (tried them all) and regularly uses other devices via USB with no problem. Like I said, it doesn't even present the programmer as an option under any name (proper or "unknown device") whatsoever-- it just doesn't show up. :(
-----
Later edit:

Had my husband mess around, and we eventually found the appropriate device manager screen. For anyone else who's new to this, go to your folders, click on This PC, and near the top of the screen will be a button that says Manage. Click that and it'll bring up the menu you want. :)

Edited by - ehwestra on 03/14/2015 11:40:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000