Novice Place
 Help Re: M27C512 70c1 PLCC32 OTP EPROM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukez

9 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  13:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I know youve probably had this same thing asked over and over again, but i have to ask as im climbing walls at the moment as i havent been able to find a definate answer by myself.

I've basically got 1x M27C512 70c1 PLCC32 OTP EPROM, i want to duplicate 100% of whatever is on it directly on to a blank one of the same kind.

so

1) can anyone confirm for sure what exactly i need to buy to be able to do this?

2) Once i get the equipment will it take long to do?

3) Can i do it from my laptop? I have the Obvious USB ports and serial adapter.

Edited by - ukez on 07/11/2007 13:54:33
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  07:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you only have the laptop with USB port, then the USB universal programmer will work. There are some USB programmers in this site are able to do job for you:
True-USB Willem PRogrammer, EasyPRo 90B, TOP853, TOP2004, and TOP2005. In the future, if you will use this programmer for the other chips packages, such as PSOP44, TSOP48 and 16Bit EPROMs, then the True USB willem programmer(GQ-2X) is the best for you.

A PLCC32-DIP28 adapter is required for the PLCC32 27C512 chip. The Truse USB Willem programmer package also includes this adapter.

If you program chips a lot, then the professinal adapter is the best:

ADP-029 PLCC32-DIP32-DIP28 ZIF adapter
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ukez

9 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  16:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ZLM your help is greatly appreciated

all the best :)

EZ
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

DL

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  08:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

If you only need to program one (or a few) devices, it would be more economical for you to have someone copy the EPROM for you.

If you're in the US, I'll copy for you. You provide the new EPROM and pay for shipping both ways (first class won't be more than a dollar); insurance is suggested.

HTH,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ukez

9 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  14:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks DL that's very kind of you to offer to do them for me, but its OK as I've just bought one (True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X)) from MCUmall and I'm expecting it to arrive some time soon.

The only thing I ask of you guys is that if I need a any help with the programming or configuration set up that you help with your input, if that's okay?

Thanks again
Regards
Ez
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000