HELP? Add device GAL20V8B-10LP to GQ-4x programmer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wyluli Wolf

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  08:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to be able to program the above chip on my GQ-4X4 programmer.
Datasheet: h**p://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/243905/LATTICE/GAL20V8B-10LP.html

Looking at the help file it appears I need to add this to the devices.txt file? Even looking at the datasheet I'm not sure what all I need to change in this list. Can someone help out?

Name="Device Name",
ID="Device ID in Hexadecimal",
Class="Class Name",
Category="Category Type",
MFG="MFG Name",
Speed="Default Speed",
Package="Package",
Adapter="Adapter",
CodeSize="Code Size",
EepromSize="Eeprom Size",
DIP="DIP Setting",
VCC="Vcc",
WVPP="Write Vpp",
WVCC="Write Vcc",
BVCC="Blank Vcc",
RVPP="Read Vpp";

Thank You.

- Wolf

Edited by - Wyluli Wolf on 06/26/2017 07:32:31
Reply #1

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  06:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that for this device you would need to create a new class first. Better check with ZLM.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  07:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More info on the class would be welcome.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Wyluli Wolf

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  08:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent an email to ZLM on the 9th. Have not heard back. I shot an email to tech support yesterday and hope to hear back. I really don't want to buy another programmer just to add support for chips. I'll give it plenty of time on responses as I know folks can get busy.

I also need this chip added: ATF20V8B-10PC
Datasheet: h**p://www.atmel.com/Images/doc0407.pdf

It's similar to the Gal chip so they might both program the same way.
Anyway, wish me luck on hearing back. If I get an answer via email I'll post here in case someone needs the info in the future.

- Wolf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  12:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wyluli Wolf

I sent an email to ZLM on the 9th. Have not heard back. I shot an email to tech support yesterday and hope to hear back. I really don't want to buy another programmer just to add support for chips. I'll give it plenty of time on responses as I know folks can get busy.

I also need this chip added: ATF20V8B-10PC

It's similar to the Gal chip so they might both program the same way.
Anyway, wish me luck on hearing back. If I get an answer via email I'll post here in case someone needs the info in the future.

More info and more chips supported is always good.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Wyluli Wolf

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2017 :  07:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still no word on the above request. I think at this point it is probably safe to assume I will not hear back from ZLM. It's only been 3 days on the email to tech support so standing by on that. I have to admit I don't expect to hear back but hope to be surprised.
I have my eye on the minipro TL866 programmer. Hate to shell out more money when I have a device that should be able to do this already. :(

- Wolf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  19:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Still no word on the above request. I think at this point it is probably safe to assume I will not hear back from ZLM. It's only been 3 days on the email to tech support so standing by on that. I have to admit I don't expect to hear back but hope to be surprised.
I have my eye on the minipro TL866 programmer. Hate to shell out more money when I have a device that should be able to do this already. :(

Yes the GQ-4x should be able to do this chip.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

Wyluli Wolf

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2017 :  08:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still no information on adding this chip. I've not heard back from tech support via email either. It looks like the Gq-4x can program this chip but without the above information I am unable to add it to the programmers device file. At this point it looks like I will have to buy another programmer which is disappointing. Thank you to those above who tried to help.

- Wolf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  05:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Guess ZLM has other occupations.
Keep in mind with the TL866 you're on your own, some owners come begging here for help since the service is inexistant with Chinese companies.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  05:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

Yes the GQ-4x should be able to do this chip.

+1
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  05:09:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Still no information on adding this chip. I've not heard back from tech support via email either. It looks like the Gq-4x can program this chip but without the above information I am unable to add it to the programmers device file. At this point it looks like I will have to buy another programmer which is disappointing. Thank you to those above who tried to help.

There should be this kind of class information provided in the download section...

If you choose to go with another programmer Xeltek is best in class.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

Wyluli Wolf

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  08:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Keep in mind with the TL866 you're on your own, some owners come begging here for help since the service is inexistant with Chinese companies.

I like the GQ-4x programmer, it's worked great on the eproms that I use. It would be perfect if it were easier to have devices added to the support list. I can't imagine it would take somebody with the know how more than a few minutes to add the info.

I know that Chinese support is non-existent, that is why I went with the GQ-4x. Unfortunately, I'm not getting anywhere with this particular issue. The TL866 at least has the GAL chip in their support list. The Xeltek programmers are nice but a bit too expensive (especially since I already purchased the GQ-4x along with the ADP-054 adapter).
Please let me know if you figure out how to add either of these chips to the device list. I'd be most appreciative. Thank You.

ATF20V8B-10PC

GAL20v8B-10LP
Datasheet: h**p://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/243905/LATTICE/GAL20V8B-10LP.html

- Wolf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  17:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I like the GQ-4x programmer, it's worked great on the eproms that I use. It would be perfect if it were easier to have devices added to the support list. I can't imagine it would take somebody with the know how more than a few minutes to add the info.

I know that Chinese support is non-existent, that is why I went with the GQ-4x. Unfortunately, I'm not getting anywhere with this particular issue. The TL866 at least has the GAL chip in their support list. The Xeltek programmers are nice but a bit too expensive (especially since I already purchased the GQ-4x along with the ADP-054 adapter).
Please let me know if you figure out how to add either of these chips to the device list. I'd be most appreciative. Thank You.

ATF20V8B-10PC

GAL20v8B-10LP

EPROM and EEPROM are easier to add than other devices.

The TL866 is not really reliable and is known to list more devices that it actually does support.

A single Xeltek adapter costs more than the GQ-4X programmer plus the equivalent GQ-4X adapter.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  13:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ZLM should be able to add this chip but no news from him.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #14

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  13:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by supervizeur

quote:

+1
Go to Top of Page
Reply #15

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  13:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

There should be this kind of class information provided in the download section...

If you choose to go with another programmer Xeltek is best in class.

+1
Go to Top of Page
Reply #16

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  13:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

ATF20V8B-10PC

GAL20v8B-10LP

Devices are generally easy to add if a compatible class exists...

The GQ-4X has an excellent resale value if you chose to upgrade.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #17

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  13:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

ATF20V8B-10PC

GAL20v8B-10LP

EPROM and EEPROM are easier to add than other devices.

The TL866 is not really reliable and is known to list more devices that it actually does support.

A single Xeltek adapter costs more than the GQ-4X programmer plus the equivalent GQ-4X adapter.

+1
Go to Top of Page
Reply #18

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  08:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

ZLM should be able to add this chip but no news from him.

+1
Go to Top of Page
Reply #19

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  08:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

ATF20V8B-10PC

GAL20v8B-10LP

Devices are generally easy to add if a compatible class exists...

The GQ-4X has an excellent resale value if you chose to upgrade.

+1
True.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #20

darleiv

Brazil
8 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  00:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Snitz Forums 2000