MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Bought a used car with only one key

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker
   
Message:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

   Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.
    

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lawrencebennett Posted - 09/29/2026 : 00:47:20
Bought a used car with only one key, should I get a spare made?

Picked up a used Lexus last month and the previous owner only handed over a single key fob, which has been nagging at me ever since. If I lose this one I'm completely stuck, and honestly the thought of being stranded somewhere because of a key is stressing me out more than it should. I asked the dealer about getting a second one and they quoted me something I could probably use as a down payment on another car. Someone in a owners group dropped this link, https://exoticautoservices.ae/car-key-programming-services-in-abu-dhabi/, and said the pricing was way more reasonable, so I'm looking into it. My question for anyone who's done this is whether the aftermarket key feels identical to the original or if the build quality is noticeably cheaper. Also whether programming a second key wipes the first one in any way, because that would be a disaster. Would appreciate any real world experience before I commit.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Snitz Forums 2000