Open Source Project Willem Programmer Hardware
 Verify on the Dual Power Programmer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RKenney

1 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  18:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi' I'm fairly new at this - I am trying to read a 27c512 chip (EEprom from a VW - JL27C512E. It seems to read alright and fills the buffer, but when I then attempt to verify I get chip read differences at random locations. Succesive read / verify attempts give different compare error locations. Is there a problem with XP printer ports? Hardware check always indicates good! I did read on one of the forums that the red and green lights should go out when the software is loaded? Mine are on all the time.

Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  08:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check pin contat and try using a external power.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

DL

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  12:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RKenney

Is there a problem with XP printer ports? Hardware check always indicates good! I did read on one of the forums that the red and green lights should go out when the software is loaded? Mine are on all the time.
If VPP is enabled while reading the data, you could end up programming your EPROM (unintentionally).

When the program is running and in synch with the programmer, only the PWR LED should be on unless you're reading or writing. VPP should only be on when you're programming.

There's a registry edit that disables printer port polling in WinXP. It stopped working for me around SP2 and I had to disable legacy plug/play support on the printer port to stop polling. Polling will randomly enable VPP and VCC. I had dozens of devices programmed by accident before I found out about disabling plug/play support. It would be nice if all Willem type programmers had a VPP disable feature...

HTH,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000