MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Win11 update - GQ-4x4 3.0 Driver issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ko

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2023 :  14:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I've never had any issues with my GQ-4x4, using the 3.0 Win10 driver on Windows 11, and been fine for a long time.. but after a recent update, I noticed it is no longer able to detect the device.

I tested on a Windows 10 machine with no issues. I just wanted to see if anyone else had traced the particular problem, or had a solution if there were affected by this 03/2023 Win 11 update that may have impacted USB.

Thank you-
Reply #1

anniel

2531 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2023 :  06:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ko

Hello, I've never had any issues with my GQ-4x4, using the 3.0 Win10 driver on Windows 11, and been fine for a long time.. but after a recent update, I noticed it is no longer able to detect the device.

I tested on a Windows 10 machine with no issues. I just wanted to see if anyone else had traced the particular problem, or had a solution if there were affected by this 03/2023 Win 11 update that may have impacted USB.

Thank you-

May be related to this?

https://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12949
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ko

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2023 :  19:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for this. I did come across that, and had tried that but it was not working originally.

I decided to try again while messing with my connection, and it decided to initialize. Now it seems to be functioning fine and starts up with the internet connection available.

Anyway, happy to report I can use this again. Still don't really understand the issue, as it was functioning fine under Win 11 for some time, and just one day after a smaller update, it just stopped.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2531 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2023 :  08:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ko

Thank you for this. I did come across that, and had tried that but it was not working originally.

I decided to try again while messing with my connection, and it decided to initialize. Now it seems to be functioning fine and starts up with the internet connection available.

Anyway, happy to report I can use this again. Still don't really understand the issue, as it was functioning fine under Win 11 for some time, and just one day after a smaller update, it just stopped.

Updates are like that, they fix something you didn't know wasn't working while they break everything around.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz Forums 2000