Programming a MT29F2G16ABAEAWP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bpopilek

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2023 :  11:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all! I have a MT29F2G16ABAEAWP chip that was removed from a piece of AV equipment. The chip has been corrupted, so I need to read a good one that I pulled from a working unit. I hope to save the data and then reflash the corrupt chip to try and revive the device. However, I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to read/write to this chip!

I own a genuine GQ-4x4 USB programmer, along with the following adapters: ADP-071 v2, ADP-072 v3.0, ADP-073 v2.0, ADP-077, ADP-082 v2.1, & ADP-083. I also have GQ USB Universal EEPROM Programmer v7.31 installed.

I cannot locate this chip in the database. I did try to add one manually, but that was also an exercise in futility. I believe this is a 16 bit chip, but I cannot get the app to even let me enable that option either.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this. I greatly appreciate your time and ideas. Thank you!

Datasheet
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/671/MICT_S_A0003602039_1-2574397.pdf
Reply #1

bpopilek

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2023 :  18:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

anniel

2542 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2023 :  04:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpopilek

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thank you!

What device.txt line did you add?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

bpopilek

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2023 :  17:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not added any device.txt files to the system, nor do I find any with a search. What I did wonder is if my GQ-4x4 programmer will not program this chip, because I believe it is a NAND flash chip. Can anyone confirm on if this will work, or do I would need to get something like a GQ-5X? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Snitz Forums 2000