MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Device.txt missing error Win10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dangerous2A

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2023 :  06:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Because I have to install as admin on this machine but run as user, the device.text and other files go into C:\users\admin\APPDAT\roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer.
I copied the folder to C:\users\my_name\APPDAT\roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer. Still no joy unless I run the prog as admin (pain in the a**e!). I copied the folder contents to the Program Files(x86)\ GQ USB Programmer folder and it now works.

Bit of a clunky install on Win10 if the user is not also administrator. Suspect a windows security thing, but this now works.
Reply #1

anniel

2543 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2023 :  04:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangerous2A

Hi, Because I have to install as admin on this machine but run as user, the device.text and other files go into C:\users\admin\APPDAT\roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer.
I copied the folder to C:\users\my_name\APPDAT\roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer. Still no joy unless I run the prog as admin (pain in the a**e!). I copied the folder contents to the Program Files(x86)\ GQ USB Programmer folder and it now works.

Bit of a clunky install on Win10 if the user is not also administrator. Suspect a windows security thing, but this now works.

Good detective work!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Dangerous2A

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  05:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Revise that! I copied the files into C:\users\"My_name"\APPDAT\roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer (where "my_name" is the user's name) after installing as admin.

I do have an issue where my Hex file (generated by MikroBasic) loads but does not transfer the CONFIG settings. This is a 540 Byte file (PIC is 12F629 with very small program). I got around this by programming a chip in MikroElektronika EasyPic7 then copied and saved the hex file in USBprog. That worked but gave a massive 659KB file. This is not the ideal way obviously, but no matetr what I set in the CFG or config tabs of USBprog, it is not saved.

Is this an issue with USBprog, the programmer or Intel hex files in general?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000