MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 General Discuss
 Atmel AT27C512R cant erase cant black check
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theamberco

Mexico
14 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  10:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the programmer GQ4X. and the rev. 1.4. and the software rev. 6.38.
I cant erase it I have the adpater HO1591, ADP-030 and HO3902 to PLCC. I tried several new chips and nothing changes.
I try to write to it and also I cant. Any ideas what I need or what I can do?. As I need to wirte a bin to it.
I get the following messages.
Function not supported or chip cannot be erased.
Error of written Address 0x00000000,buffer= 0x02 device= 0xFF.
Reply #1

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2023 :  10:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theamberco

I have the programmer GQ4X. and the rev. 1.4. and the software rev. 6.38.
I cant erase it I have the adpater HO1591, ADP-030 and HO3902 to PLCC. I tried several new chips and nothing changes.
I try to write to it and also I cant. Any ideas what I need or what I can do?. As I need to wirte a bin to it.
I get the following messages.
Function not supported or chip cannot be erased.
Error of written Address 0x00000000,buffer= 0x02 device= 0xFF.



You need ADP-006.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

theamberco

Mexico
14 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2023 :  08:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have HO1591 (older number) that is 100% the same. it has the two diodes and the jumper for 3.3V or 5V, still dont read it.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2023 :  07:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theamberco


I cant erase it


OTP cannot be erased, that's normal.

quote:
Originally posted by theamberco


I tried several new chips and nothing changes.


New chips are blank, you can verify this with Blank Check.

quote:
Originally posted by theamberco


I try to write to it and also I cant.


What error message do you get?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2023 :  07:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theamberco

I have HO1591 (older number) that is 100% the same. it has the two diodes and the jumper for 3.3V or 5V, still dont read it.


What error message do you get when reading?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

theamberco

Mexico
14 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2023 :  11:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Error of written Address 0x00000000,buffer= 0x02 device= 0xFF.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

theamberco

Mexico
14 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2023 :  13:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does blanck check no problem but when I load the bin and start to wrote at 0% stops with that error I tried several chips the same. Any ideas?

Edited by - theamberco on 09/09/2023 13:37:00
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2023 :  05:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theamberco

It does blanck check no problem but when I load the bin and start to wrote at 0% stops with that error I tried several chips the same. Any ideas?



ID is correct?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

theamberco

Mexico
14 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2023 :  19:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, ID is wrong too. So all the 6 chips are bad?

Edited by - theamberco on 09/10/2023 19:52:16
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2023 :  07:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theamberco

No, ID is wrong too. So all the 6 chips are bad?



Fakes. Were did you buy them?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

theamberco

Mexico
14 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2023 :  16:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know they were given to me, where can I buy original ones?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2023 :  09:31:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theamberco

I dont know they were given to me, where can I buy original ones?



https://www.mouser.mx/c/semiconductors/memory-ics/eprom/?q=AT27C512R&package%20%2F%20case=PLCC-32
Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

devinchin

India
1 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2024 :  22:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried this also. Keep posting these kind of stuff.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2024 :  07:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devinchin

I've tried this also. Keep posting these kind of stuff.



What did you try exactly?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000