MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Code 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maxxx

3 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2023 :  11:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello I'm having trouble trying to get my GQ-4X4 to run on windows 7. I have finally gotten the drivers to load but I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the program and still it won't start.
Reply #1

anniel

2542 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2023 :  06:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maxxx

Hello I'm having trouble trying to get my GQ-4X4 to run on windows 7. I have finally gotten the drivers to load but I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the program and still it won't start.

You followed those instructions?

https://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7054
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Maxxx

3 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2023 :  10:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have followed those instructions and the drivers have installed, but the program doesn't start. When I look in Device manager I can see the GQ Programmer in the USB list but it has a yellow triangle on it. When I click on the driver it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

Edited by - Maxxx on 10/26/2023 11:26:21
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2542 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2023 :  08:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have followed those instructions and the drivers have installed, but the program doesn't start. When I look in Device manager I can see the GQ Programmer in the USB list but it has a yellow triangle on it. When I click on the driver it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

Try another USB cable and another USB jack.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Maxxx

3 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2023 :  11:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi anniel. I tried a different cable and jack but still had the problem, but I have fixed it. It was a mistake on my part, I had a chip in the burner every time I plugged the burner in and tried to start the program. Today I pulled the chip out of the burner plugged the burner into the USB jack the computer said it was loading drivers, after that I started the program and it worked. This is the first time I have tried to use a chip burner and I have a lot to learn. Thank you for your help!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

anniel

2542 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2023 :  06:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi anniel. I tried a different cable and jack but still had the problem, but I have fixed it. It was a mistake on my part, I had a chip in the burner every time I plugged the burner in and tried to start the program. Today I pulled the chip out of the burner plugged the burner into the USB jack the computer said it was loading drivers, after that I started the program and it worked. This is the first time I have tried to use a chip burner and I have a lot to learn. Thank you for your help!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000