New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hellbelly

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  12:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

A bit of help for a complete novice please :)

I bought this h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290248233238&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019 programmer, and this h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290237818008&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019 adapter so that I could program some 27c4096 and 27c1024 40 pin chips.

I am usign XP Pro, with the Port95nt driver installed and software 0.97ja. I have tried both USB power and 12v DC power.

I have used it no problems with the 27c4096 :)

But the 27c1024 I am having trouble with. Here's what has happened (remember I'm a novice!)

Forgot to blank test it when I got it. Loaded my .rom file into the software, selected chip, set the dip switches, hooked it all up and hit the program button, it failed. This was using USB power.

I then tried to read it out and could see that it programmed the first 20 or so lines of code.

Now I can read the chip, but I can't program it - I get "Error at 0x000000 Chip = 0x00 buffer = 0x10.

I read the chip and immediately programmed it and that worked, but of course it's missing the large majority of code.

I'm assuming that if I can read it fine then I have the programmer and adapter setup fine? Do I have to worry about jumper settings or these link wires that came with the adapter?

Is UV erase the only option with this chip? I assume so as the erase button is now greyed out.

Help, please :)

Pete

Edited by - hellbelly on 08/09/2008 12:42:56
Reply #1

hellbelly

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  05:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, a bit of extra info. If I read out what little is programmed onto the chip and then write that back to it then it writes it successfully.

Does that mean it's a problem with the ROM file I'm trying to flash?
ta
Pete
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  07:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The chip seems not a blank chip. It need to be erased before write anything. And do a blank check before write.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  02:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, 7c1024 is a OTP (one time programmable), once programmed it can be erased or re written. Just like a CD R! regards vishal
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

kinglyone

3 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  15:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been emailing support back and forth for my own issues with the at27c1024. (side note: it comes in both one-time AND erasable DIP)

anyways, i figured in addition to emailing support, id post here to see if anyone can come up with something for me. i actually kind of feel dumb about it, but id rather not experiment with it and fry my programmer.

i have the dual-power willem and the 16bit adapter. i have to attach both the usb cable and the parallel cable to read/write. idk why, but it doesnt bother me so i dont need to know why. i have no problems getting the software to read/verify/program the chip. i am using NO jumpers, and the dip switches are set to where the software told me to. software version 0.97ja, by the way.

my problem is i dont know how to write to the higher byte, as support has told me the software is only designed to write one byte at a time. or more accurately, i dont know where to enter my data for the high byte. i tried double clicking on the data and the edit hex window pops up, this is how ive entered all my data. i put in 4 hex digits and click on the next address. the only digits displayed on the screen for that address are the low byte. i click on that address again and the edit hex window only shows the low byte of the data i just entered.

i know its something so simple... so elementary... i just dont know where to look... i feel like ive lost my keys lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000