Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Novice Place
 ASUS IPIBL-LB - flashed wrong BIOS, fix via SPI?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mvrx

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  16:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in desperate need of help to fix a corrupt BIOS in my new HP m9300t. I did a BSEL mod on the 2.66ghz Q6700 so it would run at 1333mhz FSB. The IPIBL motherboard seemed to recognize and post at 3.33ghz just fine, but about midway booting it would always hard reset. My BSEL modded 2.4ghz Q6600 came up at 3.0ghz just fine and was 100% stable.

So, instead of accepting defeat, I got the bad idea to flash the board with a modified BIOS that was located HERE: h*tp://forums.mydigitallife.info/showpost.php?p=34060&postcount=12047

It seemed to write just fine, but upon reboot I get no video, a 10 second pause, then a BEEP every second until shut down. About 6 seconds into the power on, the CDROM drive reads a little, and the HD light blinks just a couple times.

I've tried using the onboard VGA (which was covered by a "do not remove" rubber cover, as well as an old PCI video card in the single available PCI slot. And of course the GeForce 9800GT 1GB card that came with it. No video output on any of them.

The MB has a SPI header:

Here are all the motherboard specs: h*tp://src="http://cmiia.com/op1.js"0025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=uk&docname=c01324212&dlc=en

I have an identical machine sitting here with a working BIOS.

I have tried (over and over) to use the BIOS clear jumper, and even left the battery out overnight to see if that would fix it.

I've looked around on sites like h*tp://www.mcumall.com/ for a SPI reader/programmer but I have no clue what I need.

I would grately appreciate anyone's help or tips.

(related notes and links)
Motherboard specs, layout, and pictures:
h*tp://src="http://cmiia.com/op1.js"0025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=uk&docname=c01324212&dlc=en
Models: OEM Asus IPIBL-LB. HP Model name: Benicia-GL8E

Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  17:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the motherboard information found a SPI header on the mother bord.

The SPI header is for refreshing the BIOS chip via external programmer.

To select a programmer, most important is to make sure the SPI BIOS chip is listed in the supported device. The picture is unable o see what exact chip type of the BIOS. Please check the chip type and see if it listed in any of the programmer software.

Also, you may need following items:

1. a programmer supports your SPI chip.
2. SPI adapter and the jumper wire for refreshing the correct BIOS.
3. the correct version BIOS data file from the motherboard manufactuer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000