General Discuss
 Problems, product problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trip0six

13 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  05:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I am trying to write to AT27C256. I thought it was simple. Locate device,set jumpers,load .BIN, and write! Not for me. I'm so fustrated. I bought U.V. light to erase eprom but, I keep on getting errors. Buy U.V. light they said would help,jump this,use a power supply, and crap! I tried on 2 desktops and 2 laptops, and still came up with nada. I also set my bios to epp&norm., I followed all instructions, I can erase the eproms,verify,and blank check, checks out but, as soon as I load my .BIN, "verify" throws error, and I cain't program. With different chips, throws different errors, With AT29C256, it throws "write sector 0." AT27C256 throws 0x0000 buffer 0x20 error. I tried Windows 98/XP. This Enhanced/Dual Power only seems good for target practice, at this point!!! I also tried 1K resister parellel with R1, and replaced it 500 ohm resistor, and R2 with 4.7K resistor. Nada again!!!(Pulling out my hair) Every night I been on my computer. No lie, like 8 hours a day, for the last 8 days. My wife is about to leave me. I don't know what else to do. I tried to save money, after what I spent so far, I could of bought a pocket programmer. I'm "not" the only one with problems, with this product. I traveled the "web globe," 10x, already! and seems like every 8 out of 10 people cain't deal with this product. If you are an average Joe I do not recommend this product for you. I am advanced in electronics, reading schematics,used every setting on my multimeter on this gadget. Still got me boggled. I never give up, I always have to R&D , till I accomplished my goal. Dang it!! I think I'm loosing this one, I bet to a faulty product thats why. I checked my voltage for my VPP and parallel port (checks out.) In no disrespect to this product, I think they should of got all the bugs out and at least gave a shematic, to this raw form of a product. (at least) People are ignorant and expext a plug and play product, should no way, no how have to cut wires to make a jumper, add resistors, and even worry about the product grounding out on sufaces (2 foam blocks)??? Hum? That will help. How can they instruct' to do these things, and then, people like me, who have problems, want to return the product, or at least want a functioning issue, what are we going to hear?, "well cain't honor this, you tampered with it," Well I just feel, sell a product that has, at least, a safety cover,and R&D the thing. No disrespect! Honestly, I would of never bought the product, if I wasn't led wrongfully. Understand were I am coming from, if you bought a product from me and I basically said, "buy this and that didn't work," then said,"try that" all at your cost, from your wallet, how would you feel? Let alone got to hear it from the wifey!!! Theres things behind close doors you don't see. Taking the time out of my day to send it back(if you would let me exchange it) Plus paying to ship it to you guys. HUH! WOW! In the long run, I might as well chaulk it up as a lost or sell it to some other IGNORANT,INOCCENT person.Thanks and don't take it the wrong way, if you do, I quess the truth hurts. I just feel I gotta tell you ,instead of someone else, like a lawyer or something like that.HUM? Not good, right. oh ya, besides that, you guess really stand by your product and in the up most respectful. Just spend a lil more time making a better product for the average joe smoe. Tired peace.
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  18:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to know your programmer does not work for you. However, the programmer is the hobby level programmer, it needs all the settings correctly set before it only works. If you think your programmer is faulty, and you bought it from this store, then you can write a request to support@mcumall.com for an exchange. I believe they will accept your request and give you a fully tested unit on the chips you are working on.

The Dual power willem has the schematic you can find from http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

TimMiller

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  00:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problem. The chip that i copied the code off of was a non UV Eprom, the one i'm trying to burn the bin file to has the UV erase feature. I really don't want to go out and spend 150 bucks on a programmed eprom, when i already have the bin file and a blank chip.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000