Novice Place
 How do you program a chip properly?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gtmech

2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  01:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. Ok this is a kinda newbie question i think. OK so i will start by saying the programmer reads and writes perfectly but i dont know if i am doing it properly.

My problem:

I read 29F200BB with absolute ease and success, I then virginise the hex dump and try to Write new dump back to 29F200BB, it writes and verifys perfectly. Take Engine ECU back to car and now car cant detect engine ecu anymore. I didnt erase chip before programming new dump to it, i just overwrited chip with new dump but everything was successful except car no longer detects ecu so i must have something wrong. Someone told me I need to specify eeprom area to write to?? I dont understand that because im still learning but if i read the chip and then edit the dump and then just program the exact same file (COMPLETE) straight back into the 29F200BB exactly as the file loads when i open the file then wouldnt that mean that everything is positioned correctly? So why do I need to specify an area to write to when i havent changed anything? Or is the problem because I didnt erase the chip first before programming it with the new dump? Can anyone help, im a bit confused what im doing wrong, thanks alot guys
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  09:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do not need to specify an area to write.

The chip need to be erased and do the blank check before write new data.

Make sure you have correct data file loaded in to the software before write.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

gtmech

2 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  03:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help, I got it sorted. I did exactly as you say and it worked, cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Snitz Forums 2000