TOP USB Programmer
 TOP programmer problems .. must be software issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulK

5 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  00:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had my top 2004 programmer going on a year now and I have to say i have been very dissappointed with it. It has never worked reliably for me. I have searched this forum for a solution and others have had the same "trouble pin contact..." problem as myself. The mods always say clean the contacts. This is complete BS as i have had maybe a dozen chips on this in its year of use. What I have found so far is that when it has worked the USB power test comes back with a lever 3 weakly power. It tests with a lever 10 OK when it has all its problems and refuses to work. Before you say its my computer i have tried many different USB ports between several different computers all with the same results and very unreliable operation... this leaves me to believe it is a bad driver or software issue.. can anyone confirm my findings?

Edited by - PaulK on 11/22/2006 10:37:04
Reply #1

PaulK

5 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  10:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well thinking the problem has been with insufficient power from the usb I cut a usb cable in half and connected the power to a pda 5v/2a power supply. programmer detected fine in topwinen but same problem was every chip inserted has "trouble pin contact" and usb power test returns a 10. all of this was on a new laptop with a fresh install of topwinen ver 2.33
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

PaulK

5 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  17:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can no longer say I would recommend a TOP 2004 programmer or any TOP branded programmer. My unit no longer works and of course it fails outside its 1 year from purchase date so its just a useless pile now.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

PaulK

5 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  10:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it to work one more time yesterday.. between reloading the drivers and testing voltages on the circuit board it programmed a flash chip.. then that was it.. trouble pin contact afterwards for everything. I don't understand this thing.. obviously it isn't broke but it just wont work about 95 percent of the time I try
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

jt

2 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  15:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know i'm reviving an old post but...

I have the same problem, pin connect error. I have 10 power every time and clean contacts. I check everything, even try the chip in every possible zif setup. chip programs every where else so not a bad chip. just no pin contact on crapy top2004 programmer. If anybody finds a solution, please let me know.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Steve Tate

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  00:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sussed this out a while back.

If you program a device and then leave the programming screen open (the screen that has the Read Blank Verfiy etc... then after about 10-20 minutes the unit will fail until it cools down.

If you always close the programming screen after you have burnt a device then it works every time....

PS the top 2004 is a load of C**p though.

No if I could only get it working in Windows 7 :/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000