Novice Place
 Freezing after choosing device
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

w1974

2 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  16:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I have a mx25l6406e chip I wanted to read and create an image of. I have teh ADP-081 adapter.

I start the program and it shows the GQ-4X connected. It shows the USB version of 2.0.1 and says the program is up to date (I downloaded it from the site not the CD and also tried the CD on another computer).

I select my device from the list and it shows (NOT RESPONDING) and freezes. I do not have the adapter in the GQ-4X yet. I put that in while it's froze to see if maybe it's waiting for it. No luck however.
The #1 pin is oriented in the top left corner of the adapter and GQ-4X and the adapter is on the 4 lower rows of the GQ-4X.

I tried another device randomly and it seems to be fine in that it doesn't freeze after I select it (with no adapter connected). However I do not have any other chips to try just need that one right now.

On the programmer VCC is lit and ON is lit green. VPP is NOT lit.

I have tried on 2 different computers. Both have Windows 7 64. Can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a way I can fix this.

Here's a screenshot.

Image Insert:

101.08 KB
Reply #1

w1974

2 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  16:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright well my progress is 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

I "unchecked" the Write and Verify on the Auto Mode in the right column and it showed the device on the top right. I insert the adapter, hit read, same problem it's freezing with the NOT RESPONDING on top. I disconnect try on another computer and it freezes during initialization. I wish it wasn't inconsistent, but I hope I can get help to figure it out :-)
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  13:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check your USB cable. Change to another good USB cable.

Try to remove the chip and read. see if it works.

The chip problem also be a possible factor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Snitz Forums 2000