Getting GQ-3x started with 2732s
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crowquill

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2018 :  05:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all! I've been collecting and repairing arcade games for about 15 years now, but programming EPROMs is still somewhat new to me. For the last few years I've used a friend's old Willem 3.x parallel programmer successfully on numerous occasions so I'm not completely clueless. I bought a used GQ-3x to be able to have a programmer of my own and replace some damaged 2732 EPROMs on a Frogger PCB. Can't get it to work right at all.

Is GQUSBprg 6.38 and driver 2.0 the appropriate/best software to use with XP or 7? I've tried it on 2 computers, would prefer to use 7 on a laptop.

I followed the manual and didn't seem to have any issues in installation. GQ software sees the programmer, but on startup pops up an error dialog saying "No error occurred." Once I select the ST M2732a device it always shows an error in the log of "Apply external power" when it's already connected to a 9v 1A power supply.

Software seems to function properly, but I've read and saved a few pulled EPROMs from working arcade boards and MAME's Romident tool can't find a match to the dump, so I assume it's not reading correctly.

Is there an issue with my hardware or am I just missing something?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000