jumper problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  21:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a willem dual power chip burner. I am trying to erase my sst27sf512 chip but I am having problems. When I set my burner's dip switches to what the software says to (97ja) the jumpers remain at the program setting. What do I need to do tell the software to move the jumper settings for the erase mode? Please help me I have been trying to figure this out for two weeks!
Reply #1

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  22:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The special setting W27C/W27E only for erasing the 27SFXXX.

So, before you erase the chip, you need set the JP1 and JP2 for this chip. The jumper setting diagram is showed on the PCB @ the last chart as well as in software.

So, once the software finished the erase. The software will pop-up a message "Move jumper for erase...." to remind you to set the JP1 and JP2 back to normal position.

The software will assume you have moved back the settign to the normal position once you start to do other task (read/write/verify/blank_check).

Edited by - usb on 06/22/2005 16:34:48
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  20:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay I have erased my chip. All went well. I set jumper 1 and jumper 2 back to normal. I loaded the .bin file and hit program. The software shows a prompt that it is programing. As soon as it is done programming, the status bar says error at 0x00002 chip=oxFF buffer=OxO4. What am I doing wrong? Please get back to me as I am stranded with this error. Thank you
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  20:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can erase my chip, read my chip, verify my chip, program my chip and verify my chip after programming without a bin file loaded. Once I load a .bin file and try to program, I get an error when verifying after programming. Also when i have a .bin file loaded the software will not verify the chip. I have tried all of the vpp settings up to 25v. I am so frustrated please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  00:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you know the chip been erased? To confirm the chip been erased succesfully, you need do a blank check after erase.

Also, do not chang the Vpp other than 12.7V. The SST27SF512 max.Vpp is 12.7V. The 25V Vpp may damage the chip.

If you fail on verify, then you may need do programming again without erase. The programming can go a mutiple times to help programming fail.

If you still can not program the chip, you may need use Test H/W page to confirm all data and control signal are working correctly.

It's best if you can get the SST27SF512 datasheet for a reference when you doing the hardware signal testing/debug.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  20:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After I erase I do blank check. Sometimes its blank other times its not. Where can I find a spec sheet on my chip?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  15:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For datasheet: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  12:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another thing when the chip is not in the burner I can read, check if blank and program. Is my burner messed up? I get the smae errors without the chip in the burner as well as when the chip is in tyhe burner? Any advice? Please help
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  12:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How would I know if i damaged the chip?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  12:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The software will not detect the chip. So, the software will read write even there is no chip.

If you can erase the 27SF512, then you can select 27C512 device type to program it. both 27SF512 and 27C512 have same write algorithm. Do not forget checking the chip if blank before you write.

It's hard to know if you chip is damaged. Unless you got another chip working.

Edited by - usb on 06/19/2005 12:41:49
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  14:29:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay I will try that. I have had bad luck it seems but I'm sure that it is something simple. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks a lot I really appreciate your help.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  14:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay I tried that and no luck. I can program and verify my chip as long as the buffer is clear. Once I have a file loaded into the buffer it will program and not verify. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  12:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can program a 27C512, then the programmer hardware has no problem and only two possible problem: Software bug and your chip been damaged.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  08:22:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It won't program under sst27sf512 or 27c512. It does the same thing which not verifying after programming and coming up with a bunch of errors. I took the burner and the chip over to one of my friends' house and downloaded the software and installed it. But when I tried to burn my chip on his brand new computer it did the same thing as my older PC. Is there a way to test the chip to see if it is damaged?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #14

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  08:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am curious about something. I live in Colorado Springs and in my town there is an Atmel and Intel plants here. There is a place that has boat loads of chips from both of these companies. Should I buy the 27c512 chip or perhaps a different chip to see if I might have better luck? One more thing. The day that I got the burner I managed to reprogram my sst27sf512 chip without erasing it. After I erased it that's when the problems began. Do you or anybody know if this could have damaged the chip? Thanks for all of the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #15

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  10:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The programmer will not check if the chip been damaged.
So, get a new chip or 27c512 to try is not a bad idea.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #16

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me ask you this. When the burner is programming should the red light (vpp) and the green light (vcc) be on? I haven't purchased any different chips yet and I bound and determined to get this figured out. I purchased my burner from a reputtable website but I downloaded the software from this website, burned it onto a disc then installed it on my PC. I noticed that if I would have purchased the burner from you guys that it would have came with a installation CD. Do you think that there is any chance that my software could be corrupted and that is why I cannot get the chip to verify when there is a file loaded in the buffer? One more question. When the software is "reading the chip" what is it actually doing? I was under the assumption that reading the chip was to seee if the chip was damaged or not. Please get back to me when you can. Thanks for all of your help.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #17

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey USB thank you so much for all of your help. I feel like such a ****ing idiot right now. I'm using the chip to run my car's ECU. I just can't figure this **** out. I am so frustrated and only you and Xenocron are trying to help me. I just wanted to tell you thank you. Everyone else seems to be able to use their burners correctly except for me. Blahhh I need some serious help!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #18

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  13:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not think changing software will make difference, since the software are the same indeed if they are in same version.

You may need confirm you programmer board is defect-free in order to do further chip work.

The H/w test tab in the software will do the most of hardware diagnostic jobs.

I do not have this sst27sf512 for testing. What I did is only on 27C512 EPROM.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #19

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  22:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay well what about the vcc and vpp lights being on when I try to program? And what about the instal CD? Thanks again for all of your help USB!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #20

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  10:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The VCC and VPP lights should be on when programming.
The installation CD will not help to solve this issue. The CD includes the 0.97ja software which you can download from this site. And CD includes the user guide which is same as the online user manual from this site too.

Edited by - usb on 07/19/2005 10:18:50
Go to Top of Page
Reply #21

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  16:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Under which icon can I find the online user manual? I can't seem to find it.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #22

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  15:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.mcumall.com/morewillem.htm
Go to Top of Page
Reply #23

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  20:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I ahve tried to program my chip on other newer PCs but have had no luck. Is there a phone number or someone that I can talk to try to figure this out with? I find it difficult to get any where when it's these small messages. I am not a computer whiz and I need some help. Please let me know.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #24

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  02:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been doing some investigating. I think that the files that I have burned to a CD that I am trying to burn to my chip are corrupted. Have you ever encountered a problem when one tries to burn files to a CD then load them onto a different PC to burn them a to a Willem burner?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #25

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  10:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that should not be a problem. If your cd file is corrupted, then the software will not be able to open it. Once it is opened by software. Then the software will use it as raw data to write into chip.

Edited by - usb on 08/08/2005 10:59:45
Go to Top of Page
Reply #26

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  16:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using a program called TurboEDIT. These TurboEDIT files are what I am trying to burn to my sst chip. When I open TE on my PC then try to open a file it does nothing. Once I load the disc on with the files on it then I can open files up. I have no problem opening the files in willem but I keep on getting buffer errors. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #27

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  20:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently not. Let me get this right. It seems that you will not answer all of my questions. What is your problem? I bought this product with a promise that you and your company offered customer service. Well the product that you sold me does not work. I have tried to use this burner on four different PCs and one laptop with your software and following your directions and I get nothing but error codes. But you can't even tell me what the error codes mean and you sell this product. That's like a cell phone company selling cell phones but they can't program them. That's what you are doing to me. You won't even give me five minutes out of your busy day to even respond to my simple questions. You act like it is my fault that the burner gives me nothing but error codes. So one more time- I CAN PROGRAM BUT THE BURNER WILL NOT VERIFY. I GET A DIFFERENT ERROR CODE REGARDING THE BUFFER EVERY TIME. Please find it in your heart to at least write one sentence to me. If you do not reply please let me know how to go about returning my faulty burner. At this point I will go with a Moates or an Ostrich burner. Good customer service comes from a company that gives a damn about thier customers that purchase products. Are you and your company a respectable one?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #28

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  11:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I know the TurboEDIT is the text and binary editor. If your code is in Intel Hex text format, then you can not use the TurboEDIT, unless you know how to calculat the checksum for each line. If you just change the content of the intel Hex file, then you will get buffer error when you open it from the programmer's software since the checksum is wrong.

I did not heard any other users have the problem on 27SF512.

In you case, I think there are something wrong we do not know yet, since there are many posibilities to cause this issue. We have discussed your question here more than two months. I'll suggest you to contact support@mcumall.com and send your programmer along with your problem chip, let them to find out problem for you. This may be the fastest way.

Edited by - usb on 08/24/2005 12:22:50
Go to Top of Page
Reply #29

turboD15

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  20:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry if I came off as being a jerk. I do appreciate all of your help and responses. It has been an ongoing issue and you have done your best to help me. I will contact support. Thank you for your time and effort.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz Forums 2000