Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Open Source Project Willem Programmer Hardware
 Newbie Help PCB50B

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rallisf1 Posted - 02/15/2013 : 08:09:27
Hi guys. I run a laptop repair center and bought a Willem Eprom Programmer Version PCB50B which came with software 98D12C3. I connect it to an old HP Pavilion zv5000 that has embedded LPT Port and pass the hardware test so i guess it is ok.

What i look for is a guide how to use it to program SPI flash x25 chips (mainly Winbond W25X16). I have made a DIP-8 to SOIC-8 adapter and tried to read a couple chips but when i try to identify the chip i get "FF" and "11111111" so i suspect i do something wrong.

Is there any special setting for the jumpers? Is the 25CXX the correct socket for this chip? Did i damage the chip by connecting it the opposite way?(i get all zeros this way) Also do i just download official bios file, load it to willem software and hit "Program/Test RAM" or there's more than that? I'd appreciate some guidance.

I use winXP, the software and hardware mentioned above and usb power from the notebook to the willem.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 02/28/2013 : 22:05:17
There is a 8 DIP pin on the board for 25XXX chip. All DIP off.
You should get ID befre doing read/write.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000