MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 File open Error: devices.txt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
klont_boter Posted - 02/28/2019 : 16:33:34
I just purchased a GQ-4x4 and try to get it to work (i need to burn a few 2532s and 2716s)

I installed the driver: by Run as Administrator this file GQUSBdriver3.0Win10.64bit.EXE

Then installed the software (Run as Admin) USBPrgSetup7.21.exe

However, starting the software gives me an error dialog stating that devices.txt can't be opened.

in fact, the entire folder that should be created in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer is missing (beyond ...\Roaming\

Clicking the menu Devices>User Folder in the GUI does not bring up anything. Until i manually create

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer

It then open a file selector window and displays an empty text file called customdevices.txt

What could be the problem? Is the software not compatible with Windows 10 v1803, perhaps?

Image Insert:

5635 bytes
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 03/19/2019 : 03:51:29
quote:
Originally posted by laptech

quote:
Originally posted by anniel

You are right about default location; C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer.

If I leave C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer and click "next" C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer gets the main program and 8 other files, the rest goes in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer.

No, OP stated USBPrgSetup7.21.exe and I am on USBPrgSetup7.23.exe but older versions like USBPrgSetup6.38.exe and USBPrgSetup6.39.exe do put everything in C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer.

I noticed where i have gone wrong in my thoughts. Just looked through the site and forgot that there is two GQ-4X, the original GQ-4X and the newer GQ-4X V4, which both have different programs.

If the software for the original GQ-4X is different to that of the GQ-4X V4, it could cause problems when trying to help people because most of us are still using the older GQ-4X

I've looked through the file system on my pc and C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer does not exist, therefore that file location must be unique to the newer GQ-4X V4.

You are probably right.
laptech Posted - 03/19/2019 : 01:40:06
quote:

If I leave C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer and click "next" C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer gets the main program and 8 other files, the rest goes in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer.

No, OP stated USBPrgSetup7.21.exe and I am on USBPrgSetup7.23.exe but older versions like USBPrgSetup6.38.exe and USBPrgSetup6.39.exe do put everything in C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer.

I noticed where i have gone wrong in my thoughts. Just looked through the site and forgot that there is two GQ-4X, the original GQ-4X and the newer GQ-4X V4, which both have different programs.

If the software for the original GQ-4X is different to that of the GQ-4X V4, it could cause problems when trying to help people because most of us are still using the older GQ-4X

I've looked through the file system on my pc and C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer does not exist, therefore that file location must be unique to the newer GQ-4X V4.
anniel Posted - 03/18/2019 : 07:51:28
quote:

quote:

Yeah, I reinstalled each time a new updated version was available.

Just reinstalled the program again and it asked for the location where i want the program to be installed, the box being auto filled with C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer.

The program never auto installs to a pre-defined location, it always ask the user to select where they want it installed.

So how is it that two of you have it installed in a location the program is not designed to be. Are you both using USBPrgSetup6.38.exe ?

laptech Posted - 03/18/2019 : 06:37:21
quote:

Just reinstalled the program again and it asked for the location where i want the program to be installed, the box being auto filled with C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer.

The program never auto installs to a pre-defined location, it always ask the user to select where they want it installed.

So how is it that two of you have it installed in a location the program is not designed to be. Are you both using USBPrgSetup6.38.exe ?
anniel Posted - 03/18/2019 : 02:58:04
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Out of curiosity where is your devices.txt located?

in C:\Program Files(x86)\GQ USB Programmer

Which Windows version are you using?

Win 10

Strange, I'm on Pro 1803 and never changed my default install path but it is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ reUSB Programmer.
Could be a regional thing with Windows and UK users?

Have you re-installed the program at some point? because i installed mine on this win 10 machine 2 years ago.

laptech Posted - 03/18/2019 : 01:30:11
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Win 10

Strange, I'm on Pro 1803 and never changed my default install path but it is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ reUSB Programmer.

Have you re-installed the program at some point? because i installed mine on this win 10 machine 2 years ago.
anniel Posted - 03/15/2019 : 08:47:13
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Win 10

Strange, I'm on Pro 1803 and never changed my default install path but it is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer.
laptech Posted - 03/15/2019 : 07:31:15
quote:

quote:

quote:

Win 10
anniel Posted - 03/15/2019 : 06:46:50
quote:

quote:

laptech Posted - 03/15/2019 : 06:09:27
quote:

anniel Posted - 03/15/2019 : 03:44:31
quote:

The default location for the software to install to is C:\Program Files(x86). This where it is installed by default on my test computer.

I am therefore assuming you decided to change it's default install location to somewhere else, hence why it not working.

laptech Posted - 03/15/2019 : 02:31:11
The default location for the software to install to is C:\Program Files(x86). This where it is installed by default on my test computer.

I am therefore assuming you decided to change it's default install location to somewhere else, hence why it not working.
anniel Posted - 02/28/2019 : 18:32:37
quote:
Originally posted by klont_boter

I just purchased a GQ-4x4 and try to get it to work (i need to burn a few 2532s and 2716s)

I installed the driver: by Run as Administrator this file GQUSBdriver3.0Win10.64bit.EXE

Then installed the software (Run as Admin) USBPrgSetup7.21.exe

However, starting the software gives me an error dialog stating that devices.txt can't be opened.

in fact, the entire folder that should be created in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer is missing (beyond ...\Roaming\

Clicking the menu Devices>User Folder in the GUI does not bring up anything. Until i manually create

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\mcumall\GQ USB Programmer

It then open a file selector window and displays an empty text file called customdevices.txt

What could be the problem? Is the software not compatible with Windows 10 v1803, perhaps?

Image Insert:

5635 bytes

As they say, must have something to do with security.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000