MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 GQ 4x Initialization Problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eurico-br Posted - 10/08/2019 : 17:48:27
Hi!!

I have a constant problem in my GQ-4x, it works normally per 6/8 months, and from night to day, the programmer stop to works, appears a initial screen but after show a message saying that the programmer fail to start and no buttons works! I just can make the gq4x works again re-installing the windows 8.1 and re-installing the drivers and software of gq4x.
I try to unistall the software and install again and not works. I deleted any information of gq4x on windows registre and install again and not works! just works again in new windows copy!

Have other way to solve it?

Thanks!!!

:)
53   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fruitcake Posted - 11/19/2023 : 15:44:23
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

GQ-4X should still work with Windows 10 latest version.

Just make sure the signed USB driver Re2.01 is installed. Do not install the 3.0 USB driver which is for GQ-4x4.
Here is the signed USB driver Re2.01:

https://www.mcumall.com/downloads/download.asp?DownloadID=55

I am using the signed v2.01 driver, but it just hangs at start up when trying to detect the hardware. I've resorted to setting up a Windows 7 VM and it works from there, but on the host Windows 10 PC it just hangs no matter what I try.
ZLM Posted - 11/15/2023 : 12:39:17
GQ-4X should still work with Windows 10 latest version.

Just make sure the signed USB driver Re2.01 is installed. Do not install the 3.0 USB driver which is for GQ-4x4.
Here is the signed USB driver Re2.01:

https://www.mcumall.com/downloads/download.asp?DownloadID=55
Fruitcake Posted - 11/05/2023 : 14:09:47
quote:
Originally posted by wabard
Installed the software on my current computer (Win10) along with the registered drivers for the OLD version of the GQ-4X.
Drivers installed and confirmed via Device Manager.
USBPrg start, initializes and then hangs with a "Please wait..."
I have to force a close due to "Program not responding".

Anyone else having this problem and have a solution to fix it?

I have this issue also, but unfortunately not a solution to it.

My GQ-4X works successfully under Windows 7 64 bit, but I'm setting up a new hard disk with Windows 10 64 bit (I finally thought it was time I upgraded) and have found that, although the application software and signed driver install ok, the application hangs at "Please Wait" when starting up and never recovers. Unplug the USB cable and the application unfreezes, but of course with an error "Hardware out of synched! Please re-connect the programmer" since it can't communicate with the GQ-4X.

quote:
Originally posted by wabard

I have exactly the same version of Windows 10, which is the latest available at time of writing. I wonder if this explains why others a few years ago reported their GQ-4X works under Windows 10 because they were running an older version of Windows 10. Does anyone have the GQ-4X successfully running under Windows 10 64 bit version 22H2?
wabard Posted - 02/01/2023 : 18:07:45
Update - pulled out an old Windows XP machine and installed GQUSBprg Old 5.03 software.

Worked with no issues.

Continuing to test on the Windows 10 machine.
wabard Posted - 02/01/2023 : 16:35:25
I have not used my GQ-4X programmer in several years (purchased in Dec 2011).

Installed the software on my current computer (Win10) along with the registered drivers for the OLD version of the GQ-4X.
Drivers installed and confirmed via Device Manager.
USBPrg start, initializes and then hangs with a "Please wait..."
I have to force a close due to "Program not responding".

Anyone else having this problem and have a solution to fix it?

Computer: Dell Precision T3610
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00Ghz (10 core)
BIOS: Dell Inc A19 (9/11/2019)

Regards,
Wade.
anniel Posted - 02/07/2020 : 05:27:08
quote:
Originally posted by eurico-br

quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

I bought a GQ 4x4, arrives today, and dont works!!! I tried M28F102, CAT28F102 and when i try to erase, the programmer stop to works when get 100%!

I never will bought MCUMALL again!!!!!!!

Try the advice given by pykpyk here:

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8113

Thanks anniel!!!

The problem was solved!

You're welcome! Excellent!
anniel Posted - 02/07/2020 : 05:26:58
quote:

quote:

quote:

I bought a GQ 4x4, arrives today, and dont works!!! I tried M28F102, CAT28F102 and when i try to erase, the programmer stop to works when get 100%!

Nice! i will read it!
Thanks!

Good! You're welcome!
anniel Posted - 02/07/2020 : 05:26:47
quote:

quote:

quote:

the problem is on ERASE! I erase 25x and one m28f102 works and write!

Are they new or used?

Used! but few used. I sanded it but it didn't work

Verication falid, erase crash on 100%

The just one that works, in first time i erased 25x, but the programmer just erase at 1.64%, after it, this one erase normaly just one time (+- 30 sec)

See any package differences with the one that worked?
anniel Posted - 02/07/2020 : 05:26:38
quote:

quote:

quote:

just one of my 8 M28F102 works!

Are they all of the same lot?

Yes same lot!

And two older cat28f102 dont works too

just one m28f102 works!

I bought a new pack with 10 pcs.

Where did you buy from?
eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 12:50:25
quote:

quote:

Thanks anniel!!!

The problem was solved!
eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 12:15:35
quote:

quote:

Nice! i will read it!
Thanks!
eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 12:14:39
quote:

quote:

Are they new or used?

Used! but few used. I sanded it but it didn't work

Verication falid, erase crash on 100%

The just one that works, in first time i erased 25x, but the programmer just erase at 1.64%, after it, this one erase normaly just one time (+- 30 sec)
eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 12:11:12
quote:

quote:

Yes same lot!

And two older cat28f102 dont works too

just one m28f102 works!

I bought a new pack with 10 pcs.
anniel Posted - 02/06/2020 : 11:35:16
quote:

Are they new or used?
anniel Posted - 02/06/2020 : 11:34:42
quote:

and this one, just works one time! after erase and write, the same problema os orthers! erase and crash on 100%

Some M28F102 chips seem to have difficulties erasing correctly.
anniel Posted - 02/06/2020 : 11:34:28
quote:

anniel Posted - 02/06/2020 : 11:34:15
quote:

eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 09:12:44
eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 08:37:14
and this one, just works one time! after erase and write, the same problema os orthers! erase and crash on 100%
eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 08:18:34
eurico-br Posted - 02/06/2020 : 07:58:35

anniel Posted - 11/29/2019 : 04:19:17
quote:
Originally posted by laptech

quote:

The welds, everything is god! However I remembered that 2 days before the problem started, the programmer fell to the ground! Could this be the cause?

The programmer was dropped on the floor and it stopped working!!!!. Why did you not say this in your first post back in August!!!, why has it taken you nearly 3 months to inform us of that very important information!!!!.

If this is how people are, i give up on my help because they do not deserve it...what a waste of time.

Yes, this is how humans are...
laptech Posted - 11/29/2019 : 01:24:31
quote:

The welds, everything is god! However I remembered that 2 days before the problem started, the programmer fell to the ground! Could this be the cause?

The programmer was dropped on the floor and it stopped working!!!!. Why did you not say this in your first post back in August!!!, why has it taken you nearly 3 months to inform us of that very important information!!!!.

If this is how people are, i give up on my help because they do not deserve it...what a waste of time.
anniel Posted - 11/28/2019 : 16:59:50
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The strange thing is that the USB drivers are correct, windows recognizes the device, the GQ software recognizes the device, opens the startup window, and then after the startup window closes, the message appears in the status bar that start Failed!

"Ready
H/W Re: -(SW Re. 6.38)
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
Checking new software on server...
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
Initialization failed. Please reconnect.
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.
This software is updated already."

Why does it check twice for new software?

I dont know!

So strange this problem!

Look at the USB jack on the programmer.

USB jack cleaned and same problem!

And the suport respond "This model is discontinued for several years, the service is no longer available. "

Is for to have to buy a new programmer!

Solders are good, no broken pins or traces?

Look for hairline cracks in the PCB.
eurico-br Posted - 11/28/2019 : 16:12:33

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The strange thing is that the USB drivers are correct, windows recognizes the device, the GQ software recognizes the device, opens the startup window, and then after the startup window closes, the message appears in the status bar that start Failed!

"Ready
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.

I dont know!

So strange this problem!

And the suport respond "This model is discontinued for several years, the service is no longer available. "

eurico-br Posted - 11/28/2019 : 16:10:32
quote:

To make sure your GQ-4x is working properly, confirm that what you see in the screenshots matches that of your computer.

1 - Programmer detected in device manager:

Image Insert:

83933 bytes

2 - Device driver is detected and working properly:

Image Insert:

141793 bytes

3 - GQ-4X Program runs properly:

Image Insert:

144942 bytes

The next two steps will only work if the GQ-4X is detected properly (i am not 100% sure about this though)

4 - Run Detect Hardware:

From the GQ-4X program, on the menu bar click on 'Test H/W' then on the drop down box select 'Detect Hardware', if working the following should appear:-

Image Insert:

158283 bytes

5 - Test GQ-4X voltages:

From the GQ-4X program, on the menu bar click on 'Test H/W' then on the drop down box select 'Voltage Diagnostic', run the test and if working the following should appear:-

Image Insert:

179447 bytes

I am running windows 10 and as you can see by the screenshots, the GQ-4X is detected by the computer because it shows up in the device manager and you can see the device driver is running OK. This means that the USB hardware on the computer and the GQ-4X and the USB cable connecting them both are working. It also shows that the device driver was installed properly and is working properly.

For your GQ-4X to work, step 1 & 2 need to be working. If what you see on your screen is not the same as what you see in the screenshots then you have a hardware/device driver problem. If they are the same then you can move onto step 3 which shows the GQ-4X program running.

To confirm if the GQ-4X program and programmer are working you need to run 'Detect Hardware' which is under Test H/W on the programs menu bar. If the program can see the programmer it will display what you see in step 4, a box saying 'Device detected' and the serial number of your device. If your programmer is not detected then it means there is an issue with the software and programmer detecting one another. As has been mentioned in other forum posts, this detection will fail if the programmer is a fake one. There are many fake GQ-4X being sold which causes a lot of problems with the genuine device drivers and software that is downloaded from the official support site. Is your GQ-4X a genuine one purchased from MCUmall?

The last step tests the integrity of the programmer by checking if all the voltages are working. If any of these fail then the programmer is faulty.

There is something i have probably missed. I am not official support, just some who has the same programmer who is trying to help.

I make all that you show on the screenshots!
My driver works, the programmer pass on the voltage test.

Apparently, its a original MCUmall programmer!
I sent my serial number to MCUmall suport, and they inform thats the programmer was discontinued.
anniel Posted - 11/26/2019 : 05:22:25
quote:

To make sure your GQ-4x is working properly, confirm that what you see in the screenshots matches that of your computer.

Image Insert:

83933 bytes

Image Insert:

141793 bytes

Image Insert:

144942 bytes

The next two steps will only work if the GQ-4X is detected properly (i am not 100% sure about this though)

4 - Run Detect Hardware:

From the GQ-4X program, on the menu bar click on 'Test H/W' then on the drop down box select 'Detect Hardware', if working the following should appear:-

Image Insert:

158283 bytes

5 - Test GQ-4X voltages:

From the GQ-4X program, on the menu bar click on 'Test H/W' then on the drop down box select 'Voltage Diagnostic', run the test and if working the following should appear:-

Image Insert:

179447 bytes

I am running windows 10 and as you can see by the screenshots, the GQ-4X is detected by the computer because it shows up in the device manager and you can see the device driver is running OK. This means that the USB hardware on the computer and the GQ-4X and the USB cable connecting them both are working. It also shows that the device driver was installed properly and is working properly.

For your GQ-4X to work, step 1 & 2 need to be working. If what you see on your screen is not the same as what you see in the screenshots then you have a hardware/device driver problem. If they are the same then you can move onto step 3 which shows the GQ-4X program running.

To confirm if the GQ-4X program and programmer are working you need to run 'Detect Hardware' which is under Test H/W on the programs menu bar. If the program can see the programmer it will display what you see in step 4, a box saying 'Device detected' and the serial number of your device. If your programmer is not detected then it means there is an issue with the software and programmer detecting one another. As has been mentioned in other forum posts, this detection will fail if the programmer is a fake one. There are many fake GQ-4X being sold which causes a lot of problems with the genuine device drivers and software that is downloaded from the official support site. Is your GQ-4X a genuine one purchased from MCUmall?

The last step tests the integrity of the programmer by checking if all the voltages are working. If any of these fail then the programmer is faulty.

There is something i have probably missed. I am not official support, just some who has the same programmer who is trying to help.

Thank you laptech, nice tutorial!
anniel Posted - 11/26/2019 : 05:20:26
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Ready
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.

I dont know!

So strange this problem!

laptech Posted - 11/26/2019 : 02:31:38

Image Insert:

83933 bytes

Image Insert:

141793 bytes

Image Insert:

144942 bytes

4 - Run Detect Hardware:

Image Insert:

158283 bytes

5 - Test GQ-4X voltages:

Image Insert:

179447 bytes

eurico-br Posted - 11/25/2019 : 16:11:03
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Ready
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.

I dont know!

So strange this problem!

anniel Posted - 11/23/2019 : 06:10:35
quote:

quote:

quote:

"Ready
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.

I dont know!

So strange this problem!

eurico-br Posted - 11/22/2019 : 14:50:40
quote:

quote:

"Ready
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.

I dont know!

So strange this problem!
anniel Posted - 11/20/2019 : 10:45:54
quote:

"Ready
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.

anniel Posted - 11/20/2019 : 10:45:42
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

PC formated, new Windows, and the same problem with GQ-4X

"Initialization failed. Please reconnect."

I dont know more what i have to make to solve it!

And my car is stoped!

maybe the solution is just a new programmer?

I sent a message to suport MCUMALL and they never respond!

Try to call them.

Its the unique way! or buy another!

It's the best way to contact them.
anniel Posted - 11/20/2019 : 10:45:37
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

And my car is stoped!

Did you try another USB port and cable? Is it a heavily used programmer? The USB connector can also be bad.

I tried two cables, and i tried tree USB ports! And the problem was the same.

I will try in another computer.

In 2018, occurred the same problem, I formatted the computer and works again, but now dont works after formatted.

Yes, try another computer to rule that out, if problem persists look at the USB connector.
eurico-br Posted - 11/20/2019 : 10:04:38

"Ready
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.38
DEVICE M28F102
<<M28F102>>
Load
Unknown command.
eurico-br Posted - 11/20/2019 : 09:55:54
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

And my car is stoped!

Try to call them.

Its the unique way! or buy another!
eurico-br Posted - 11/20/2019 : 09:54:09
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

And my car is stoped!

Did you try another USB port and cable? Is it a heavily used programmer? The USB connector can also be bad.

I tried two cables, and i tried tree USB ports! And the problem was the same.

I will try in another computer.

In 2018, occurred the same problem, I formatted the computer and works again, but now dont works after formatted.
anniel Posted - 11/18/2019 : 09:51:20
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

And my car is stoped!

Try to call them.
anniel Posted - 11/18/2019 : 09:50:41
quote:

quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

And my car is stoped!

eurico-br Posted - 11/18/2019 : 09:30:04
quote:

quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

And my car is stoped!

eurico-br Posted - 11/14/2019 : 08:55:13
quote:

quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.

And my car is stoped!

anniel Posted - 10/17/2019 : 07:54:32
quote:

Its so strange!

Certainly.
eurico-br Posted - 10/17/2019 : 06:45:48
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

I have a constant problem in my GQ-4x, it works normally per 6/8 months, and from night to day, the programmer stop to works, appears a initial screen but after show a message saying that the programmer fail to start and no buttons works! I just can make the gq4x works again re-installing the windows 8.1 and re-installing the drivers and software of gq4x.
I try to unistall the software and install again and not works. I deleted any information of gq4x on windows registre and install again and not works! just works again in new windows copy!

Thanks!!!

Does this happen after an update? Any other software?

Yes, any version of driver or software! But after format the computer and new windows copy works again!

I tried making the windows restoration to 7 days before the error! but not works. When this occours in the first time i tried many things and not work. Just works after new windows!

There is clearly something that changes in your Windows software after some time.

I will re-install the windows in next week!

Also look at your hard drive.

I use SSD, maybe it a problem?

There is definitely something wrong with your PC if its configuration changes by itself.

Its so strange!
anniel Posted - 10/13/2019 : 07:02:28
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

Yes, any version of driver or software! But after format the computer and new windows copy works again!

I tried making the windows restoration to 7 days before the error! but not works. When this occours in the first time i tried many things and not work. Just works after new windows!

There is clearly something that changes in your Windows software after some time.

There is definitely something wrong with your PC if its configuration changes by itself.
eurico-br Posted - 10/12/2019 : 15:42:48
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

anniel Posted - 10/11/2019 : 02:56:22
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

eurico-br Posted - 10/10/2019 : 14:58:21
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

anniel Posted - 10/09/2019 : 12:11:30
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

anniel Posted - 10/09/2019 : 12:11:18
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

Failing hard drive?
eurico-br Posted - 10/09/2019 : 08:33:56
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

eurico-br Posted - 10/09/2019 : 08:23:34
quote:

quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

anniel Posted - 10/09/2019 : 02:41:23
quote:

Hi!!

Thanks!!!

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.23 sec. Snitz Forums 2000