Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Open Source Project Willem Programmer Hardware
 Willem eprom programmer 4.5 with TSOP48

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ridisc Posted - 03/16/2009 : 00:35:00
First of all i have very little experience in this field or electronics and have gotten very interested in it as a hobby .I am using this programmer to read information from a AM 29DL 323 GT/DT tsop, sometimes these chips are stamped as spansion. I use the settings for 29LV320 or 29lv160 in the menu of the 0.97ja software when i id the chip it shows as AM29DL323GT then i read the chip and says at the end CHIP READ OK. I have saved these readings using differant settings and then read them back in hex workshop but not getting the information i'm looking for. After doing alot of reading i'm sure there is a locked sector on the chip and that may be why i'm not getting the proper readings. I came across this in spansion website >The Sector Group Unprotect mode is activated by setting the RESET# pin to VID. During this mode,
formerly protected sectors can be programmed or erased by selecting the sector addresses. Once VID is
removed from the RESET# pin, all the previously protected sectors are protected again<??
If this vid mod is needed to read the locked sector id like to know how to go about it . I'm not sure if this is needed for reading the chip or is it just for writing and erasing. I hope you can follow this post and hoping ill get some feed back so that i can understand it more clearly.
Thanks

Image Insert:

90.68 KB
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ridisc Posted - 03/19/2009 : 02:20:48
Thanks again ZLM you have been very informative with your reply and i really appreciate it. Yes your right the boxkey/ird numbers are the unique numbers matching the box and i'm sure that they are in the tsop.It looks to me that you are spot on when you say that the numbers are in encoded format so i'm wondering is there any software to decode this format, i have looked in hex workshop for any such feature but don't seem to have any.

I'll do a bit more reading to see if it can be done.
Thanks again for all your help at least now i know that i'm reading the chip ok.
ZLM Posted - 03/19/2009 : 00:02:44
All the 29lv from 100 to 800 are using same command set to read the device ID. So, you will get correct ID from all those chips. That is correct.

But for a correct full reading, the 29LV320 need to be selected.

I do not know what is the " boxkey/ird numbers ". But I think it may not necessarily stored in the flash. If it is a unique number to the box, then it may be stored in a small EEPROM chip. Even if it stored in the falsh, it may be in encoded format and you can not see it.
ridisc Posted - 03/17/2009 : 04:25:30
Thank you so much for your reply and explaining this to me . I don't know where i'm going wrong so. I'm wondering am i using the proper chip type from the menu in 0.9ja software. All the 29lv's from 100 to 800 are given me the right id of chip but getting all differant readings. The 29LV160 is 2mb in size and the 29LV323 is 4mb in size.
This Am29DL323GT tsop is from a cable box and i need to read the boxkey/ird numbers off it but can't ever locate them in hex workshop afterwards. I even went to the rounds of removing a tsop from a similar working unit which i know the bk/ird no of is correct hoping that when after the read it would show up in hex workshop and i would know exactly the address location but unfortunately the information did't show. That put me thinking in the lines of being a protected sector on the chip and the information i'm looking for was hidden in that sector.I'm wondering now could it be my power supply which is a Switched Mode Universal Regulated Power Supply 12v...1.25A 15VA max.Now that you tell me i should be able to read information correctly i'm getting very frustrated as to what i'm doing wrong.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply and hopefully ill get to the bottom of this shortly or ill have every bit of hair pulled from my head
ZLM Posted - 03/17/2009 : 00:46:34
The lock feature only lock out the erase and write. Not the read. So, you can read the chip even that is locked up.

The 12V on Reset pin is called Temporary Unprotect. It allows the erase and write operation on a protected/locked sector. So, it will lock again once the 12V removed from the Reset pin. The 0.97ja has this feature. You only need to uncheck the Temorary Unprotect check box from the software.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000