Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Novice Place
 16f716 programming

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thekris Posted - 07/28/2011 : 12:08:51
I recently received a few pic16f716 chips and decided to make a simple blinking led program to test if they are usable. I'm using a red usb-pic programmer that seems to work well for most chips, but when I attempted to program this chip, I receive either a "received data error" or "Rom error at 0x0000...Good 0x2805...Bad 0x3fff." I can't believe these are defective because my supplier Newark Electronics is good at quality. Any help would be appreciated.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 08/03/2011 : 22:34:48
well, if delay does not fix problem, then the software may not support this chip well. Try to use ICSP connection the see if any thing different.
thekris Posted - 07/31/2011 : 11:00:28
I tried your suggestions by double-checking the code protection was off and adjusting the 16f716's program delay option in the programs chipinfo file from 20 to 100 and even a thousand. Unfortunately, I still get the same errors. Perhaps the 16f716 was never meant to be used by the programmer. However I'm still open for suggestion to save a couple dollars. Thanks in advance!
ZLM Posted - 07/30/2011 : 19:10:51
make sure your CFG security bit is off.

if the CFG bit is fine, then increase the "Delay=" parameter. This will slow done the programming speed and increase chip compatibility.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.03 sec. Snitz Forums 2000