Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Open Source Project Willem Programmer Hardware
 What settings to program AT29VL256 Flash?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Forrhouse Posted - 07/08/2006 : 23:57:06
Hi.
I am very new to the burning process. I followed the instructions in the manual for my Enhanced Willem burner, but there is only a selection for AT29LV200. Iused the dip switch settings for this.
I tried both of the sockets, the PLCC32 and the FWH/LPC. I also tried with the voltage set button set to At29 and also set to the programers default state with no results. Can somebody tell me what the corect dip seetings and other setting are for this chip (AT29LV256) and what I am doing wrong? Do I keep the Skip write 0xFF box checked under programmer settings? Do I use the Willem seting or the PCB3 setting on the top tool bar? I have tried to erase a spare chip as well only to get an erase error. Also can somebody tell me what the difference is bettween the PLCC32 and FWH/PLC sockets and what each is used for? Do they provide functions for burning the same chips? Lastly could I have damaged the chip that I am trying to copy using the settings that I used or by having the programmers voltage set at the default?

I should also note that I also tried using an approved Dp32 to PLCC adapter that I purchased instead of the built in with no results.
Sorry for the length of this post.
Any help is much appreciated, thamks in advance,
Eric

Image Insert:

3.18 KB
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 07/13/2006 : 22:41:30
See :

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97&SearchTerms=AT29C256
Forrhouse Posted - 07/13/2006 : 22:16:18
I have this adpater, but I need to know what dip switch settings to use on the programmer for the AT29LV256? Can anybody tell me what dip switch settings to use.
Thanks in advance,
Eric
ZLM Posted - 07/09/2006 : 21:48:12
You need a PLCC32-DIP28 adapter.
See:

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3105

On board is the PLCC32-DIP32 adapter.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000