MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Need Help Programming AM29F040B - TSOP32

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
teknix1 Posted - 10/28/2015 : 17:50:11
Hi,

I'm not having any luck programming my AM29F040B (TSOP32) chips with my GQ-3X Revision 1.00. I am using adapters ADP-083 and ADP-077. I have tried 2 chips and the check ID returns the same thing for both, 3237. I have also checked the connections to the socket with a magnifying glass, they look right. One thing I have noticed is that when I choose the chip in the software, it thinks it's DIP, not TSOP, perhaps that's the issue? Not sure how to resolve this package issue as no chip inthe library seems to match what I have. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have been able to program AM29F080B in the past, so I know at least that ADP-077 is good.

Thanks
Nic
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
teknix1 Posted - 10/31/2015 : 12:29:02
I realize I could simply fix it, but I paid good money for this thing... This is the second time something like this has happened to me, last time was a missing solder on one of the chips on my GQ-3X.
teknix1 Posted - 10/31/2015 : 12:27:06
Sorry for the late reply. I finally went through checking the connections, turns out line A10 is not connected. While having a closer look at ADP-083, I discovered that the trace is missing a section underneath the soldermask, see attachment. What can I do, will MCUMall send a replacement? What do I need to do?

Thanks!
Nic

Image Insert:

91.46 KB
ZLM Posted - 10/29/2015 : 19:44:47
Select the AM29F040B DIP fro software is not problem. The software still thinks your chip is DIP.

So, you can check the AM29F040B datasheet and make sure all the pin mappings from TSOP32 to DIP32 are correct.

Use the multi-meter to confirm this.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000