Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Open Source Project Willem Programmer Hardware
 Willen PCB 3.1 just quit Help.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DarrenAnderson Posted - 08/28/2009 : 16:34:48
Hello, I have a Willem programmer I believe it is a PCB 3.1 Version
Dual Power.

I also believe that DL had at one time sent me a power supply conversion diagram to help with my Low Vcc and Low Vpp while programming Eproms.
All was working Perfectly untill this time. I can not get a good "read" on a 27C256. I have came to this conclusion by lining up the Images from the chip and doing a compair. And also while trying to Verify the read. Failes at various places.
I have tried 3 Computers, 4 Cables ect...

I did find a broken resistor labled 2K2 in the upper left side, but with that broke I could not even detect the hardware.
Any thoughts on where to start looking?
I have verified proper Vcc 5.2 Volts but that is about as far as I have gone.

I have read that there is a resistor mod that cam be made to make it read better, or did I mis-read that.
Please help, I really need to read this Chip.
Thank you
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DarrenAnderson Posted - 08/31/2009 : 21:25:15
OK, SO I went through this Programmer again, and this time I paid extra attention to the DIP switches. SW 5 and 9 both read OPEN when closed. Ran Jumper wires and VOLA she worked just fine.
DarrenAnderson Posted - 08/30/2009 : 09:01:11
OK, new problem. I thought I would test another type of Chip. I used an AT29C512 Flash Chip. No Joy on that one. reads, but not correct, and Can't erase at all, times out.
Tried 3 Cables and 2 PC's
Anyone ever See this type of PCB3? andone have the "parts Placement" diagram? Or Schematic? The PCB 3 Schematic posted here, does not have all of the right parts, or proper Values.

And it was DL that had sent me the "new" power supply diagram. I found it in an old E-Mail.
DarrenAnderson Posted - 08/28/2009 : 19:00:26
Here is a Shot of My Programmer The upper Left Resistor was the broken one. But I found an exact replacement.

Image Insert:

188.26 KB

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz Forums 2000