Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Novice Place
 High and Low Byte Splitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tmicallef Posted - 03/19/2014 : 09:10:06
I am having inconsistent results when I try to split a 512K EPROM file between Odd and Even Bytes.

When I select the device as a 27C512 and then load the file, I select file format as .Bin, Read Mode as Odd Byte, and Fill Mode as FF. Offset is default at 0.

When the file is loaded and I look at the new file size it is 32K when I expect it to be 64K. It does read every other byte as expected.

When I select Even Byte the results are much different. The even bytes are read as expected and the file size is 64K, but all data after the first 32K is ignored and the file is filled with FF.

I am using the latest version 6.29 of the GQ USB Programmer software.

Would someone verify that this is repeatable and that I am not doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Todd
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 04/03/2014 : 16:57:45
I think the 32K is OK since the rest data are FF anyway.

Basically both ODD and EVEN file load are working. The 64K buffer size basically only used first half, the second half are blank data. The result is same as 32K data start from 0000 address.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000