sst39sf040 help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cee710

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  19:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i just got a willem programmer pcb5 (software says pcb5.0c(0.98DB)i have a sst39sf040 plcc32

i took it off my hp laptop becuase of a bad flash (laptop turns on all lights and then shuts off after 5 seconds this was after flash)
i downloaded the bios from the harddrive it made a backup before it died.its 512kb in size.with the willem programmer i erased the chip ,cleared buffer and its all clear and also check blank check.device is empty message.i then loaded the bin file its 512kb in size it gets all the way to 49% and stops i tryed many times it keeps stoping there.i erased the chip then just just added some 256kb file renamed it to bios.bin and wrote to it and it writes and verifyes ok read chip checked buffer the file is there. then i erased and tryed the 512kb bios file and stops at 49% again.is it writing to part of the chip thats only 256kb in size or is it not fully erased?
willem programmer says after its erased

size 0x7FFFF checksum 0x0000
shift A0->A18 pattern adr 0x040000

ID
manufacture 0xBF SST/SANYO
DEVICE CODE 0XB7 SST39SF040A

could the chip be damaged after the flash? i ordered a cross refernce for this chip it didnt arrive yet if its blank and i load the bin file will it work or does it need speical code for sector to enable the commands for the bin file to work?
thank you very much and appreciated for any help or advice.
p.s. i went to the hp site and the bios files are 512kb in size to make sure,no boot block parallel connection or recovery bios for this model laptop its a ze4560us (amd)

thanks again

cee710
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  09:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did not set A18 jumper. It is "J3" and located left side of DIP switch.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

cee710

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  16:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi zlm i dont know what to say but thank you very much it now programmed the whole chip 100% and verify i put it on to laptop and now it works i cant beleive it thank you so much im never gonna flash the bios ever again i learned my lesson it was working good before i flashed it never again thank you so much zlm have a happy new year.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

cee710

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  21:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and if anyone is interested i recieved the replacement chip for MY SSTSF39040 70-4c-nh from (digi-key) its a ATMEL (AT49BV040B-JU) i didnt find it on the willem programmer i looked at the data sheets between the SST and this ATMEL and they both looked ok for my purpose.I reflashed it with the SSTFS39040 for device and tryed it on my HP laptop and it also works.For me this programmer was well worth it and thanks again zlm.

cee710

Edited by - cee710 on 01/07/2009 21:16:01
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

MikeHunt79

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  12:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm getting the exact same problem, I cannot erase my sst39sf040 EEPROM.

When I read the chip again it does not appear to be erased.

I've checked the A18 jumper it set according to the program, is there anything special I need to do in order to erase this EEPROM?

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000