New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HiroPro

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I recently purchased the True-USB PRO GQ-4X Willem Programmer Full Pack in order to flash a corrupt BIOS chip for a PC motherboard. The PC is a Shuttle SG33G5 "Barebones" using Shuttle motherboard model FG33 (S5106) Ver/Rev 1.4 The EEPROM is a

SST49LF008A
33-4C-NHE
0744069-B

In looking the 49LF008A in the compatibility list I see it requires adapter FWH/LPC+ Adapter V2.0 I sure hope my "Full Pack" includes the adapter to work with this EEPROM.

I have the bin file I require flashing and is 1MB is size and should make the 49LF008A around 2Mbit is size. My questions are regard to offset etc and the required speed and settings in USBPrg. If someone could point me in the right directions regarding the correct setting to accomplish this PC Motherboard BIOS recover would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

HiroPro
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  21:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The SST49LF008A is 1MB size chip. You do not need to set the offset in software.

The Full pack include the PLCC32 socket FWH/LPC + V2.1 adapter. So, it will work with this chip.

The speed use default will be fine, nothing need to special set.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000