Cannot get my new willem to work.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carnostics

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  03:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, i received my willem and adapters and rework station 3 days ago.As far as i can see i have connected everything correctly.I am having trouble that although the software says read eeprom it is not reading the eeprom as i have read the same chip with another eeprom programmer.

I have posted pictures for you see check whether i have connected everything in the right order.i think its correct, maybe its not. Can someone please help me in getting my willem working. Oh and by the way when i click on id i get the message "function not supported on this device".

1.brown 2.red 3.orange 4.yellow 5.white 6.blue 7.purple 8.grey

sorry about double posting, i forgot the images..

Image Insert:

164.59 KB

Image Insert:

120.72 KB

Image Insert:

196.32 KB

Image Insert:

170.62 KB

Image Insert:

179.57 KBimages.

From down under.....
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  23:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems your connection is correct.

Please confirm your chip is in a correct orientation. Is so, most likely the SOIC testclip is not contacting good to chip. Some chips sometimes do not contacting good with 3M testing clip.

The chip is supported on GQ-3X with this connection.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

carnostics

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  05:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can confirm that the chip is in correct orientation. ( brown pin 1 on the dot pin 1 on the chip.)I have also done a continuity test from the 3m pins to the bottom end of adapter that goes insude the zif socket.I have tried 2 93c56 chips and 3 L56r chips.All have given me blank no data. I reprogrammed a brand new 93c56 chip with my andromeda and tried to read it with the willem.Blank its reading as if its a blanks chip.What do i do now ? maybe its faulty. Did you check it before you sent it ? If it is faulty can i pay the difference and get the GQ-4X ?

From down under.....
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  14:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All programmers passed QA test before it shipped. Can you try the chip on the ZIF socket without the wire?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Snitz Forums 2000