New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rcpax

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  02:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello evryone, I am new here.
I am very pleased to find this forum, and judging from the replies I've read, this forum is full of helpful and knowledgeable people.

Okay, now to my question. I am looking to buy an EEPROM programmer, which I will use mainly on flashing computer BIOS chips. I hastily flashed my gf's laptop with a wrong BIOS and now it's dead. Good thing I have a backup of the bios file. All I need now is a writer for its SST39SF040 chip. Can you recommend a programmer for this kind of job with a fairly wide range of chip support?

I am considering a TOP2004 or TOP2005, as these are the "cheaper" ones. Or are there other programmers which cost less?

By the way, what's the difference between the specs of TOP2004 and TOP2005? TOP2004 is somewhat cheaper, but I find it similar in specs to the TOP2005.

You thoughts please. Thanks..

http://paxtech.blogspot.com

Edited by - rcpax on 10/13/2006 02:34:02
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  11:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The TOP2004 and TOP2005 are virtually same. The TOP2005 has a new compact design and improved hardware design. They support same device list.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000