MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 TMS 2732
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jkoolpe

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  12:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the GQ-4X have a generic setting that will allow for burning the TMS 2732 EPROMs? If so, which 2732 choice should be made from the selection menu of the software?

Thanks,

Jon
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  13:28:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The TMS2732 is in the supported list. You can just select this device should work.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

jkoolpe

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  08:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right...not sure how I missed that :) . I burned a TMS 2732 last night, no problem at all.

New question, though: I couldn't get the GQ-4X to burn any of my D2732A EPROMS last night. I selected the proper device of course, but it kept hanging up at 4%. I tried it on about 5 of these chips all with the same aforementioned result. Also tried an AM2732 that hung at 36%.

I applied an external power source but this also made no difference, but I'm wondering if it doesn't have enough amp as it's only rated at 200mA I think it was.

Do I just need a better external power supply for these chips?

Jon
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  13:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most likely the chip has problem. The chip may be a bad chip. The 200mA power adapter should be fine.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

jkoolpe

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  15:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would normally agree with you on a bad chip, but it did this exact same symptom for at least 5 different D2732A chips I tried out.

When using the external supply, is there anything else that needs to be done other than just plugging it into the burner (and then the burner automatically knows to use this new power source)? Does the polarity of the adapter plug matter and if so, what should it be?

The adapter I have has a switch that can change the polarity, but I can't seem to determine what the GQ-4X might required for its polarity.

Thanks for any additional insights :) .

Jon
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  09:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the polarity of the adapter plug MUST be center positive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz Forums 2000