95040 , 95080 and 93c56
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeff

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  04:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being able to read these chips incircuit is a must for most locksmiths the 95040 and 95080 are needed to read chrysler pin codes and the 93c56 is needed for toyota//lexus immobilizers. People seem to be having trouble doing this what is the current voltage settings for these chips in these circuits a voltage of 2.75 or 3 volts normally works best for incircuit readings. Also would changing speed help. This is bread and butter stuff for locksmiths any help would be greatly appreicated.

Jeff Hartsell
Hartsell's Locksmith, Inc.
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  09:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This chip is supported on GQ-4X by using ADP-004 adapter on the ZIF socket.
See:
http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2849

If you are doing on board in circuit programming, then you may need to try different configurations. The chip needs to be powered by the target board, not the programmer.

So, only connect the all other 7 pins except the in 8 VCC.

Also, try to use slower speed.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Gonzalo Bravo

Chile
2 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  20:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

If you are doing on board in circuit programming, then you may need to try different configurations. The chip needs to be powered by the target board, not the programmer.

Hi, I've trying to read an in circuit 93C56 during 4 weeks . I tried with chinesse clip, then pomona clip, them with micro pincers but allways read FF FF FF FF from the board. I tested the programmer with a blank chip and write an read, but problem remain the same in the board. Its a toyota ecu.

What does means to power the board? To put +12v in the power pin? Do I have to leave pin 8 without clip?

The board has 3 cristal oscilators, do I need to bridge the nearest one? Is it neccesary?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Gonzalo Bravo

Chile
2 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  11:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gonzalo Bravo

quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

Hi, I've trying to read an in circuit 93C56 during 4 weeks . I tried with chinesse clip, then pomona clip, them with micro pincers but allways read FF FF FF FF from the board. I tested the programmer with a blank chip and write an read, but problem remain the same in the board. Its a toyota ecu.

What does means to power the board? To put +12v in the power pin? Do I have to leave pin 8 without clip?

The board has 3 cristal oscilators, do I need to bridge the nearest one? Is it neccesary?

Today I powered & grounded the board, but when plug the Usb the power source showed my short circuit (before feed +12V). Then leave it powered but not grounded, then was ok. With micro pincers I connected pins 1 to 7, and read the eeprom, but again the extraxted file showed again only FFs or 00s.

any idea????

Edited by - Gonzalo Bravo on 08/07/2014 11:35:41
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  09:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a indication of circuit conflict. The EEPROM data lines may be occupied by other circuit. It does not allow programmer to read it. You need to remove it from the board and program it on the programmer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Snitz Forums 2000