Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Using The Enhanced/Dual power Willem Programmer
 How do I test data BITs on willem programmer?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  11:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received the Willem Burner.
Unfortunately it appears to be defective. I have tested it with several ROM's, and all of them fail when writing to bit 5 of any address.
Any helps on testing the data BITs or data BIT 5 will be appreciated.

Edited by - usb on 05/13/2005 11:36:25
Reply #1

tulufan

28 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  11:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll suspect that transportation caused some contacting problems on the programmer board. you check the programmer follow the following steps. so that to narrow down the problem and reduce the exchange time and the cost.

1. Visually inspect the ICs on the programmer board if any looks loosen. Then firmly press it to eliminate the contacting problem of IC with the IC socket. Especially on two CD4503 chips, which are directly connected to data bus all bits

2. unplug the data cable and plug again. You can repeat this a few times to make sure there is no contacting problem on data cable and programmer. Change to another computer test again if possible. It is best if you can find another data cable and try.

3. Read a good chip. If reading is no problem, it will confirm the ZIF and chip contacting have no problem. Otherwise the chip or ZIF socket may be contaminated or damaged.

4. If read is good. Then use Test H/W page in the software and check/uncheck the D5- 19 check box, use a multimeter to measure the voltage on Pin 19 of ZIF socket. If you can measure the voltage change on this pin when you check/uncheck the Pin 19 of ZIF socket, then this will tell you the software will be able to control the data bit 5.

5.Data bit 5 pin on ZIF(pin 19) is connected to pin 5 on one of the CD4503 chips, if you can test connection between them is the best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000