WILLEM PCB 5.0E 27C322 BUFFER ERRORS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sam

Algeria
6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  10:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello, first of all sorry about my english.
i have a willem pcb 5.0E im using it with 098 d11 software , i was trying to write bin games for megadrive on my eproms 27c322 4mb but without any luck im getting buffer error the writing keeps proceding until the end and it finish with a buffer error,sometime when i set it to pcb3 j9 /j10 pushed to the left to use it with 097ja software the burn operation terminate with no errors after te verification i got a message DEVICE VIREFIED OK but no --device programmed ok--.i dont think it s burned sucssesfully.

i set the dip switch same as the software tell, also the jumper near to it, i left jumpers in the pcb as default vpp 12.60 vcc 5.6 checked with multimeter via test H/W,i ve used 3 power supply 12v 4amps,12v 2 amps,12v 3amps all gave me same result. im using 42pin 16 bit adapter with 8pin cable to pcb 5.0E i bought everything as a bundle pcb and adapter.also the 8pin cble
i spent about 2 weeks trying to figure it out but with any luck. if i need to provide more informations or any pictures i will do.please help thanks in advance.
Reply #1

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  10:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam

hello, first of all sorry about my english.
i have a willem pcb 5.0E im using it with 098 d11 software , i was trying to write bin games for megadrive on my eproms 27c322 4mb but without any luck im getting buffer error the writing keeps proceding until the end and it finish with a buffer error,sometime when i set it to pcb3 j9 /j10 pushed to the left to use it with 097ja software the burn operation terminate with no errors after te verification i got a message DEVICE VIREFIED OK but no --device programmed ok--.i dont think it s burned sucssesfully.

i set the dip switch same as the software tell, also the jumper near to it, i left jumpers in the pcb as default vpp 12.60 vcc 5.6 checked with multimeter via test H/W,i ve used 3 power supply 12v 4amps,12v 2 amps,12v 3amps all gave me same result. im using 42pin 16 bit adapter with 8pin cable to pcb 5.0E i bought everything as a bundle pcb and adapter.also the 8pin cble
i spent about 2 weeks trying to figure it out but with any luck. if i need to provide more informations or any pictures i will do.please help thanks in advance.

When you get the DEVICE VIREFIED OK message read your device, save to a BIN file and compare it to the original file.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

sam

Algeria
6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  10:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks anniel for your quick reply ,
ok i will do it and post back.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  10:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam

thanks anniel for your quick reply ,
ok i will do it and post back.

You're welcome.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

sam

Algeria
6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  14:18:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok the original bin file is 1 mo ,and the file that i ve got from the device is 4mo bin.
i swape it back just to see if it can work on gens emulator and it does.
but i still not confident because i did nt see the DEVICE PROGRAMMED OK message.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  15:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam

ok the original bin file is 1 mo ,and the file that i ve got from the device is 4mo bin.
i swape it back just to see if it can work on gens emulator and it does.
but i still not confident because i did nt see the DEVICE PROGRAMMED OK message.

Your original file is definitively not the right size. a 27C322 is 32 Mbit, 2Mb x 16 or 4Mb x 8.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

sam

Algeria
6 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  12:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i ve download it from gametronik website is gaiares for megadrive ,maybe i ve not got the right one
it could be.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  13:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam

i ve download it from gametronik website is gaiares for megadrive ,maybe i ve not got the right one
it could be.

Could be or it needs to be manipulated before the write.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

sam

Algeria
6 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  09:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so how can i manipulate it ,is there any software to that or something?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  10:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam

so how can i manipulate it ,is there any software to that or something?

Yes, you need to manipulate your binary file with a good HEX editor to get the wanted results.

Basic: www.mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

sam

Algeria
6 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  12:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks anniel i will try it out and post the result back cheers.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2019 :  13:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam

thanks anniel i will try it out and post the result back cheers.

You're welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000