Wanna buy a programmer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djtbs1

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  10:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to program PALs, which have been replaced nowadays by GAL. Apparently lattice Semi makes a program to convert the files from PAL to GAL. So that appears to be covered.

I was potentially looking at EasyPro 90B.

Well and good enough. So then the question becomes what programmer should I buy? Interface isn't a concern, what is a concern is reliability. Not using a laptop, so power supply is not an issue either.

Would like to be able to program:
GAL/ possibly RAL (where GAL doesn't work, RAL is supposed to work as replacement for PAL).
EEPROMS 27 series.

Also, wouldn't mind being able to test 74 TTL series chips either...:-)

Would like to stay below $200, about $150 preferred. I am a hobbyist doing the odd job now and then. I used to repair arcade /pinball machines (did that for 16yrs, but not regularly anymore), hence need for PAL compatibility... but no access to the shop I used to work at as it is in SoCal :-(.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ted

Edited by - djtbs1 on 08/18/2008 10:53:09
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  20:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most importand the the programmer supports your chip. You may need to download the software and make sure your chip is listed in the supported device list from the software.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000