Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DarrenAnderson

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  16:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have a Willem programmer I believe it is a PCB 3.1 Version
Dual Power.

I also believe that DL had at one time sent me a power supply conversion diagram to help with my Low Vcc and Low Vpp while programming Eproms.
All was working Perfectly untill this time. I can not get a good "read" on a 27C256. I have came to this conclusion by lining up the Images from the chip and doing a compair. And also while trying to Verify the read. Failes at various places.
I have tried 3 Computers, 4 Cables ect...

I did find a broken resistor labled 2K2 in the upper left side, but with that broke I could not even detect the hardware.
Any thoughts on where to start looking?
I have verified proper Vcc 5.2 Volts but that is about as far as I have gone.

I have read that there is a resistor mod that cam be made to make it read better, or did I mis-read that.
Please help, I really need to read this Chip.
Thank you
Reply #1

DarrenAnderson

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  19:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a Shot of My Programmer The upper Left Resistor was the broken one. But I found an exact replacement.

Image Insert:

188.26 KB
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

DarrenAnderson

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2009 :  09:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, new problem. I thought I would test another type of Chip. I used an AT29C512 Flash Chip. No Joy on that one. reads, but not correct, and Can't erase at all, times out.
Tried 3 Cables and 2 PC's
Anyone ever See this type of PCB3? andone have the "parts Placement" diagram? Or Schematic? The PCB 3 Schematic posted here, does not have all of the right parts, or proper Values.

And it was DL that had sent me the "new" power supply diagram. I found it in an old E-Mail.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

DarrenAnderson

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  21:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, SO I went through this Programmer again, and this time I paid extra attention to the DIP switches. SW 5 and 9 both read OPEN when closed. Ran Jumper wires and VOLA she worked just fine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000