Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Using The Enhanced/Dual power Willem Programmer
 Can the Willem V50B read 82S129/74S287 PROMs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GTIspirit

2 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  14:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if the Willem EPROM Programmer V50B is capable of reading 82S129/74S287 bi-polar TTL PROM chips? I would think it should, it's just a matter of getting the correct DIP and jumper settings for the chips with pinout as follows:

Image Insert:

49.72 KB

Image Insert:

24.18 KB

I don't need to write new PROM chips, only read the contents of some good chips so I can replicate them on a CAT28C16ALI90, which programs quite nicely with my Willem.
Reply #1

GTIspirit

2 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2011 :  11:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't wait for a response so I figured out a different way to do this. I built myself a reverse adapter.

I got one of these adapter so I could replace the N82S129 chip on my device with a CAT28C16ALI90 EEPROM. (You can also use a 2716/2732 EPROM if you like.) Excellent part, excellent service, well worth the price.
www.brinkleyelectronics.com/prog/mot/syn/sab/sab.htm" target="_blank">h p://www.brinkleyelectronics.com/prog/mot/syn/sab/sab.htm
I figured, if the adapter goes the one way, why not the other way? Would only cost me a little time and materials to try.

So I basically built myself the inverse of this adapter. So it has a DIP 16 socket to plug in the N82S129 and then goes to a DIP 24 socket which I can then plug into the Willem. Select 2732 chip type and voila reads out the contents of an N82S129 like a charm.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000