Connects willem gq4x directly to motherboard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cyrax

Spain
43 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2016 :  03:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, i new, but in past time, i register to the forum, but i canīt enter anymore, and now i can enter after a lot of time.

I from spain , and use a translator.

I have a programmer willem usb true programmer gq4x, and need to be able to accede to all the chips of a PC.
I have all the blocked chips, and cannot accede with flashrom:

Warning:Bios region SMM protection is enabled!!!
Warning: Setting Bios control at 0xdc from 0x2a to 0x0b on H81 failed.
Warning: SPI configuration Lockdown activated.

in another PC, he says to me that something is acceding to the chips and that in order that flashrom Could accede to the chips, first one must extinguish what is acceding to the chips, which I suppose it will be some protection of the chip.

If I connect a new PC to the PC blocked, they are blocked, it is as if it was contagious for the whole hardware blocking everything...and i conect willem usb true programer ....
Is it possible that willem has contaminated also, after connecting it to the PC blocked?

Definitively, need to be able to unblock the chips with what it is necessary.

Please it helps, if it is possible it to do and that need exactly.

Thank you very much, a greeting.
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2016 :  18:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your motherboard has SPI firmware update port, then it is very easy.

You can just connect the port to the programmer ZIF socket with following connection. Keep the connection as short as possible.

SPI on ZIF:

42155 bytes

If it does not work well, then you can use a ADP-056 for better result.

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1434
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

cyrax

Spain
43 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  02:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for the information.
I'm newbie, I see you do what you tell me.

The motherboard is necessary that is connected to power adapter when connecting willem?

I do not know if spi port, in a asus motherboard h81m-c is a bios chip without soldering, with a port, I think I could connect willem there.

In other pc,s I have these ports: minipci port, DB9. pararell, and PCIex1, willem can connect through any of these ports have named?

I will try to do it slowly, because I'm learning.

Tell me one more thing, if willem programmer connect to a PC that have blocked, you may willem programmer has been affected too? I have a kind of rootkit or not exactly, which is spread by electronic devices, so that willem programmer suffer this affected anyway if I can connect, see whether it works.

If I can make progress with this and will post again.

Thank you very much for the information and your time.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  06:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You motherboard need to power up.

Connect all lines except the VCC.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

cyrax

Spain
43 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  10:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well well well, I advance.

I managed willem connect to a motherboard asus h81m-c by the SPI port.

Now, I guess, I'll have to look for chips leading motherboard to program them, because I have not clear, where they explain this?

I think there are good tutorials for the forum to add chips and other things, I'll see.

So what I see, just by connecting willem to a SPI chip, or an SPI port, and have access to program.

I have made a home cable, to do this, and I do well to connect the SPI port, but to connect directly to a SPI chip, it does not work, I'll have to think of something else or buy the adapter SPI tests.

Thank you very much, I hope to go forward with this, if you can help me a little please.

Best regards
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

cyrax

Spain
43 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2016 :  12:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for double post, i lose the motherboard, by a short, I have not been able to advance with this. I am to the hopes of test with more equipment. I will post again when you clarify a few points.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz Forums 2000