Bad blocks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drqmka

Bulgaria
10 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2017 :  13:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anybody explain how the blocks are marked as bad and why when I read a chip that has bad blocks they remain marked in the file that is stored on the computer. It turns out that when then save the file in the new chip they remain marked as bad and in him. Although deleting the new memory before recording in targetbadblock shows that memory no bad blocks. Maybe I missed something?
Reply #1

drqmka

Bulgaria
10 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  11:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another interesting point is this memory:

Name = "K9GAG08U0F", MFG = "Samsung", ID1 = "ech", ID2 = "d5h", ID3 = "94h", ID4 = "76h", ID5 = "54h", ID6 = "43h", size = "89DC0000h", PageSize = "2200h", BlockSize = "80h", CE = "1", speed = "1"

I can not understand why every time when I read this memory, every time I get a file with a different checksum. From over 20 reads, nor a coincidence. Reducing speed from 10 to 1, carefully setting the chip in the socket changed usb cable finally I change the chip with a new, but the effect remains. Believe me I lost a lot of time. So what I can say as of now impression is that the socket of the programer do not like. Fixing the chip in socket it becomes very difficult and contacting the pin (just top) is unreliable. Is this a reason for the anomalies can not say but I think there is a relevant. There are jack for external power but there is no adapter, also I did not find information about what is provided this power when the controller is powered via usb . I hope someone to help me. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

drqmka

Bulgaria
10 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  16:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand that probably the memories have bad blocks even when are new. Therefore in the specification, number of valid blocks is set as the minimal (2,018) and maximal(2.076). But I guess when they are marked as bad their state "data" does not change. I agree that when I write something in this memory the verification could not be completed because of inconsistencies in bad blocks. But when we read the memory every time we have to get the same. Unless the number of bad blocks does not change constantly. Maybe I'm wrong but nobody writes in this forum. Perhaps you only read but also unfortunately that not help me. ;-)
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

eduardo48

Argentina
152 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  18:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend, no one writes, because nobody understands, these memories are complex from my point of view. I use them on tv. I can only contribute my experience in the use.

Mi amigo, nadie escribe, porque nadie entiende, estas memorias son complejas desde mi punto de vista. Yo las utilizo en tv. yo solo puedo aportar mi experiencia en el uso.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

eduardo48

Argentina
152 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  18:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the nand K9GAG08UOE.
It also has bad sectors
If I back up a memory I also copy the bad blocks to 00.
Except. That you have a virgin file. And copy it into a new memory.Skipping bad sectors. The latest version can be made
I do not know if you understand me
I know the language very little and I use a translator
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

drqmka

Bulgaria
10 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  03:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you eduardo48 ! Unfortunately I'm also not good at English for which I apologize but I hope you understand me. sharing your own experience also is useful. No need to be an expert. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  09:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
drqmka you should read this, you will understand everything about bad block management.

www.micron.com/~/media/documents/products/technical-note/nand-flash/tn2959_bbm_in_nand_flash.pdf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  17:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by supervizeur

drqmka you should read this, you will understand everything about bad block management.

www.micron.com/~/media/documents/products/technical-note/nand-flash/tn2959_bbm_in_nand_flash.pdf

Yes, that's an excellent reference material.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2017 :  07:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is also useful.

www.adreca.net/NAND-Flash-Data-Recovery-Cookbook.pdf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2017 :  06:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

This is also useful.

www.adreca.net/NAND-Flash-Data-Recovery-Cookbook.pdf

+1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz Forums 2000