MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Errors Burning M2732A-2F1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 14:57:51
I have a GQ-4x4 and an external power supply 9v 600ma. I plug in the external power supply and get a green power led and then plug in the usb cable. I have tried device M2732A and 2732A. I have tried both of these on 10 different M2732A-2F1 chips. I get the same error when trying to write on each chip. The chips are blank checked twice before writing. The error I get is: Write failed, Address=0x000000, Buffer-0x00 Device=0xFF

I could definitely use some guidance.

Thank you.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 02/15/2019 : 06:09:24
quote:
Originally posted by ByteFight

Haha nice... the flash of death. Putting a dip24 eprom backwards in a chip socket like m2732a reverses the polarity of the power pins giving you a chance for a nice light show.

Rapid UV erase.
ByteFight Posted - 02/14/2019 : 20:40:28
Haha nice... the flash of death. Putting a dip24 eprom backwards in a chip socket like m2732a reverses the polarity of the power pins giving you a chance for a nice light show.
anniel Posted - 02/14/2019 : 12:05:43
quote:
Originally posted by ByteFight

The M2732A from china is some kind of counterfeit. They look new and usually they work fine but occasionally get batches where some to all of the chips will not program.

ALSO they screw up the programming voltage. Start at 12.5v and try, then 21v, then 25v. I use lots of these eproms and have a bag of 100 or so dead ones i am saving for some reason.

Despite them being counterfeit and many not working, you can get them for like 70 cents each in bulk. They come in like new condition ready to burn... so beats trying to scrape labels off and erasing old used chips even tho i get a bunch that will not program.

If they program they seem to be fine.

Chip ID is not available for 2732. I also use m27c512 that come from the same Chinese sellers with the counterfeit m2732a that have impossible date code but still identify right as a m27c512

I know why you save them!

Image Insert:

202226 bytes
ByteFight Posted - 02/14/2019 : 07:22:42
The M2732A from china is some kind of counterfeit. They look new and usually they work fine but occasionally get batches where some to all of the chips will not program.

ALSO they screw up the programming voltage. Start at 12.5v and try, then 21v, then 25v. I use lots of these eproms and have a bag of 100 or so dead ones i am saving for some reason.

Despite them being counterfeit and many not working, you can get them for like 70 cents each in bulk. They come in like new condition ready to burn... so beats trying to scrape labels off and erasing old used chips even tho i get a bunch that will not program.

If they program they seem to be fine.

Chip ID is not available for 2732. I also use m27c512 that come from the same Chinese sellers with the counterfeit m2732a that have impossible date code but still identify right as a m27c512
anniel Posted - 01/06/2019 : 06:07:13
quote:
Originally posted by galactimus

I wanted to follow up here for anyone else who has this issue. This is what I found. The chips I purchased are from China as it turns out, even though they came from a US supplier. I ordered M2732A-2F1 eproms. On the chips they have that label and 21V Fast and the ST logo. I tried the following devices in the GQ software, all with failed writes: M2732A, 2732A 21V, 2732 25V. I then thought what the heck, why not try the 2732B 12.7V device. Sure enough, the eprom wrote and verified. I also read the eprom and did a hex match to the file I wrote to it, outside of GQ software just as an added check. Everything looks good.

So, it looks like the Chinese are making chips and either have no idea the differences between models or they just don't care and mislabel them. The chips do work, they just aren't the model printed on the chip.

Good find, you definitively got fake chips! They pull old chips off the junk heap and print them with a part number they have demand for. You now have "new" chips.

Does the part number seem printed or engraved? If printed you may be able to remove it and the blacktop with acetone or lacquer thinner an see the original numbering.

Can you read the ID with the programmer?

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8418
galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 23:57:33
I wanted to follow up here for anyone else who has this issue. This is what I found. The chips I purchased are from China as it turns out, even though they came from a US supplier. I ordered M2732A-2F1 eproms. On the chips they have that label and 21V Fast and the ST logo. I tried the following devices in the GQ software, all with failed writes: M2732A, 2732A 21V, 2732 25V. I then thought what the heck, why not try the 2732B 12.7V device. Sure enough, the eprom wrote and verified. I also read the eprom and did a hex match to the file I wrote to it, outside of GQ software just as an added check. Everything looks good.

So, it looks like the Chinese are making chips and either have no idea the differences between models or they just don't care and mislabel them. The chips do work, they just aren't the model printed on the chip.
galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 18:32:47
The data in 0-2 slots are 00 in both the buffer and the eprom. When it gets to slot 3 it doesn't write the buffer value of AF and fails. When I read the device after the fail slots 0-3 are 00.

quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

After the failed write, a blank check reveals this error: Device blank check failed at address: 0x000800, Read= 0x00

This error shows up for all 10 chips when blank checked after the failed write attempt.

Does the data at that location corresponds to your file?

galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 17:37:02
quote:

quote:

They do look newish. I purchased from a US seller. Got here in 2 days. Could very well be from China. They are marked ST.

quote:

Are those chips "new" from China?

Is the lettering gold coloured?

Image Insert:

65296 bytes
galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 17:34:04
No.

quote:

quote:

They do look newish. I purchased from a US seller. Got here in 2 days. Could very well be from China. They are marked ST.

quote:

anniel Posted - 01/05/2019 : 17:22:45
quote:

quote:

galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 17:21:11

quote:

anniel Posted - 01/05/2019 : 17:12:47
quote:

quote:

quote:

I have. Didn't work. Same error

Write fail or blank check?

Image Insert:

224323 bytes

Image Insert:

233465 bytes

Speed 5.

galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 16:59:04
quote:

quote:

Image Insert:

224323 bytes

Image Insert:

233465 bytes
anniel Posted - 01/05/2019 : 16:43:48
quote:

anniel Posted - 01/05/2019 : 16:42:23
quote:

After the failed write, a blank check reveals this error: Device blank check failed at address: 0x000800, Read= 0x00

This error shows up for all 10 chips when blank checked after the failed write attempt.

Does the data at that location corresponds to your file?
galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 16:41:26
anniel Posted - 01/05/2019 : 16:40:39
quote:

I have a GQ-4x4 and an external power supply 9v 600ma. I plug in the external power supply and get a green power led and then plug in the usb cable. I have tried device M2732A and 2732A. I have tried both of these on 10 different M2732A-2F1 chips. I get the same error when trying to write on each chip. The chips are blank checked twice before writing. The error I get is: Write failed, Address=0x000000, Buffer-0x00 Device=0xFF

I could definitely use some guidance.

Thank you.

Try lower speeds.
galactimus Posted - 01/05/2019 : 15:22:32

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Snitz Forums 2000