MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 TMS27C240 address pin A9 crashing output
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Otr8

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2023 :  21:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello guys,

I have been trying to figure out an issue for a couple days now. I have some TMS27C240 EPROMs, which I all purchased brand new. I am running the ROMs at 5V. They would run normally until the voltage at input pin A9 switches from 0 to 5V. During this event, all outputs would fluctuate thereby disturbing all of my control lines. And yes, ALL inputs are stably connected, nothing is floating.

I read in the datasheet that A9 can be driven to 12V in the signature mode(Which I am not intending to use at all). At this point I do not know whether my GQ-4x4 is the culprit, and is somehow messing up the input structure while writing.

A detail that might be useful is that the I programmed the ROM so that the output is the same whether A9 is on or off. Could you please guide me on what I might be doing wrong?

Below is a link to the datasheet(Page and 5 mention the mention the mode using A9 at 12V). For whatever reasons I cannot attach a file to the post.

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/92075/TI/TMS27C240.html

Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply #1

anniel

2542 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2023 :  06:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Otr8

Hello guys,

I have been trying to figure out an issue for a couple days now. I have some TMS27C240 EPROMs, which I all purchased brand new. I am running the ROMs at 5V. They would run normally until the voltage at input pin A9 switches from 0 to 5V. During this event, all outputs would fluctuate thereby disturbing all of my control lines. And yes, ALL inputs are stably connected, nothing is floating.

I read in the datasheet that A9 can be driven to 12V in the signature mode(Which I am not intending to use at all). At this point I do not know whether my GQ-4x4 is the culprit, and is somehow messing up the input structure while writing.

A detail that might be useful is that the I programmed the ROM so that the output is the same whether A9 is on or off. Could you please guide me on what I might be doing wrong?

Below is a link to the datasheet(Page and 5 mention the mention the mode using A9 at 12V). For whatever reasons I cannot attach a file to the post.

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/92075/TI/TMS27C240.html

Thank you in advance for your help!

Did you test the programmer?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Otr8

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2023 :  15:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anniel

How do I go about doing that?

After programming my .bin files into the ROMs, I read the ROMs contents and compare it with the original(through) code, and they always match.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2542 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2023 :  10:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Otr8

quote:
Originally posted by anniel

How do I go about doing that?

After programming my .bin files into the ROMs, I read the ROMs contents and compare it with the original(through) code, and they always match.

In the menu bar select "Test H/W" then "Test H/W" again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Snitz Forums 2000