MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 AT49F002 and 3.03 beta 5 *new thread*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jm923

8 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  07:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK it works... 2 chips erased and programmed (cloned)

Here's what I noticed. I can now select the AT49F002 device and I can read... however ID still fails (FFFF not in library)...

If I use the new temporary unprotect feature, erase is very fast. I cannot write to chip with temp unprotect unchecked/deselected. If I write using temp unprotect, write time is loooooong. First chip was 1465 seconds and second was 1467... or 20+ minutes.

Going back to my last thread which also included the AM29F002BB. I use these and the AT49F002 chips interchangeably. My equipment uses a pair of these chips for its program. The reason being is that on some of our newer mainboards we can program these in-situ to update the program. The question then is, should the erase/write/protect features not be the same?
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  08:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You said the AT49F002 can not ID. Does it ID with W49F002U type from the software?

The write should be same time when on/ff the temp-unprotect. There are some thing wrong with the chip!?!

The AM29F002 and AT49F002 are read compatible chip. The erase/write/protect are not compatible.

Did you check if the chip been locked?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

jm923

8 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  11:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it ID's as the Atmel AT49F002 when W49F002U is selected.

I did 5 chips so far this morning, they all took about 20 minutes to write (using temp unprotect).

I didn't even look at the Protect feature prior to programming the first few. I took another one that I was about to program and see that you(?) added a feature for the boot sector. When I click on the read button I get the following

The TOP boot sector been locked up. Code = 0xff
The BOTTOM boot sector been locked up. Code = 0xff
* END *

When I go to the single sector area, I see the 2 choices of Top/Bottom boot sector. Selecting either of these gives a message like..

Top boot sector
<MODE SELECTED>

The protect/unprotect buttons do not become available in either case.

Shall I send you a couple of chips to check yourself?

edit: What I meant to say was that I have lots of these chips, so I can send you one if you'd like to have a look at one. Wasn't sure if my above statement came across as condescending in it's tone.

Edited by - jm923 on 12/11/2008 19:35:33
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  20:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The software only checks the chip lock status. We did not enable the lock feature since the locked is permanent and no way to unlock it.

Yes. Please send me two chips for testing. I will write email to you.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

nickk

1 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  06:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have a W49F002U winbond bios that I want to reprogram. Can you tell me if the GQ-3x or GQ-4x will work with this chip without any other adapters. If yes, which one do you recommend.
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

You said the AT49F002 can not ID. Does it ID with W49F002U type from the software?

The write should be same time when on/ff the temp-unprotect. There are some thing wrong with the chip!?!

The AM29F002 and AT49F002 are read compatible chip. The erase/write/protect are not compatible.

Did you check if the chip been locked?

Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

gzk

21 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  15:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SAME CHIP SAME PROBLEME
Can't read or write .

quote:
Originally posted by jm923

Yes it ID's as the Atmel AT49F002 when W49F002U is selected.

I did 5 chips so far this morning, they all took about 20 minutes to write (using temp unprotect).

I didn't even look at the Protect feature prior to programming the first few. I took another one that I was about to program and see that you(?) added a feature for the boot sector. When I click on the read button I get the following

The TOP boot sector been locked up. Code = 0xff
The BOTTOM boot sector been locked up. Code = 0xff
* END *

When I go to the single sector area, I see the 2 choices of Top/Bottom boot sector. Selecting either of these gives a message like..

Top boot sector
<MODE SELECTED>

The protect/unprotect buttons do not become available in either case.

Shall I send you a couple of chips to check yourself?

edit: What I meant to say was that I have lots of these chips, so I can send you one if you'd like to have a look at one. Wasn't sure if my above statement came across as condescending in it's tone.

Edited by - gzk on 12/18/2008 15:23:00
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  17:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The GQ-3X and GQ-4X supports W49F002U.

For AT49F002 and W49F002U chips please use software 3.03 beta 5 or later.

However, if your chip is locked. Then the locked chip has no way to unlock it.

The locked chip is unable to erase or write in normal operation. It only can be read and ID.

Only temporary unprotect feature allow you to erase and write the chip. But that still not unlock the chip.

The 3.03 beta 5 allow user to enable the temporary unprotect feature. All earlier versions do not have this feature.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

gzk

21 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  17:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have test the latest version
and i can't get id
the temporary unprotect is gray i can't use it
have try many chip none worked .

Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

gzk

21 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  18:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
solved the problem with 49F002
now have issue with sst49FL002B
i will try another fwh/lpc adapter
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  10:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please provide your FWH/LPC adapter version. Most of problem are pin contact issue. If your chip is PLCC32, then try to barely put the chip in the PLCC32 socket, that will help for pin contacting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz Forums 2000