Novice Place
 16f716 programming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thekris

2 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  12:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently received a few pic16f716 chips and decided to make a simple blinking led program to test if they are usable. I'm using a red usb-pic programmer that seems to work well for most chips, but when I attempted to program this chip, I receive either a "received data error" or "Rom error at 0x0000...Good 0x2805...Bad 0x3fff." I can't believe these are defective because my supplier Newark Electronics is good at quality. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  19:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
make sure your CFG security bit is off.

if the CFG bit is fine, then increase the "Delay=" parameter. This will slow done the programming speed and increase chip compatibility.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

thekris

2 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  11:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried your suggestions by double-checking the code protection was off and adjusting the 16f716's program delay option in the programs chipinfo file from 20 to 100 and even a thousand. Unfortunately, I still get the same errors. Perhaps the 16f716 was never meant to be used by the programmer. However I'm still open for suggestion to save a couple dollars. Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  22:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, if delay does not fix problem, then the software may not support this chip well. Try to use ICSP connection the see if any thing different.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000