MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Used to write, but now cannot. Using the same meth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jaz

3 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  20:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Read/wrote ~ 10-15 95040 eeprom's in circuit using the sonoma adapter sold here. Switched operating systems (XP-Win 7) and now can only read. I eliminated the soic adapter and soldered wires directly to the chip and still no write. Tried slow speeds, tried br9540/m9540, tried on a different XP machine and still no write. I am using the latest ver. of the software. Any ideas?
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  19:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Power up the target board and do not connect VCC line and try.

If it still does not work, desolder the chip off board, then place the chip on the programmer to try.

The in circuit programming is tricky.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Jaz

3 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  21:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ordered a set of new chips (m95040) still no write. I also got new clips and a zif to soic adapter and still wont write. I am positive it is not a connection issue, and I am now trying to burn outside the circuit. Which usb driver should I be using for Windows 7? I've only had this programmer for a few months and more than half has been trying to resolve this issue! How long is the warranty? It worked perfectly when I got it (even on circuit) and now I can't get it to write. I also performed the built-in voltage tests and everything always passes. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  09:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The software works with Windows 7 no problem. But if your chip notworking on the programmer, then most likely it will not work in circuit too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz Forums 2000