MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 help with error messeg
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulnjaime

2 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  07:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I am having trouble copying a 27c040 chip to a 274001. I can dump the data off the 27c040 no problem and it verifies, but when I try to burn the data to the 274001 I get this error write failed address=0x000000 buffer=0x8f device=0xff. I have tried different chips different speeds, different dumps from different 27c040's and still get the same error, I have also tried to double write. can somebody help me out and point me in the right direction.
Reply #1

paulnjaime

2 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  08:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After waiting for an answer on the forum for a few days with no luck thought I would call and see if someone at Mcumall could help me, but they didn't speak English well enough to understand what I was asking. There has to be somebody out there that has an idea, guess, musing, theory??? I think I am going to have to send this programer back and try a different one.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  07:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 27C4001 is a supported chip.

You should be able to get correct ID from chip. If you are unable to get ID correctly, then please check followings:

1. the pin contact. Make sure all pins are clean and well contacted with the ZIF socket.
2. make sure your chips are good chips.
3. use programmer voltage diagnostic to check if all voltages are correct.

If you have any urgent questions, please write email to support@mcumall.com There is no dedicated phone line support yet. The listed phone number is not for techinical support. It is only for generic inquiry. But email will be replied quickly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000